Hi - pregnent balloon molly?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Molly' started by hannah2016, Jan 6, 2013.

1. hannah2016

hannah2016New MemberMember

Hiya everyone. I am some what new to fish keeping, the only experience i had previously is helping my sister with her 100litre freshwater tank. I also have my own tank now, which is a 55 litre starter tank with a few fantail guppies and a few swords.

Now the introsuction is over, i could really use some help regarding my sisters female balloon molly. I think its pregnent and have been researching rapidly about balloon mollies breeding so we can look after the fry. I’m super excited at the prospect of baby balloon mollies as a few years ago we had an unexpected batch of platty fry. Unfortunately only 1 survived, and managed to live in the gravel and plants until big enough to survive the bigger fish.
    so, here are some pics of the molly - is she pregnant? If so, how long do you think

The pics aren’t great, i know, but its the best i could do.

I bought a breeding box that floats in the water, if she is pregnant, how long until i put her in it? also how long should i keep her in there? any extra information would be greatly appreciated.

2. FatTony

FatTonyValued MemberMember

she looks like it! or she could just be fat! if she is pregnant she could give birth at any moment. i wouldnt get your hopes up too much because the fry are hard to look after if its your first time raising them but good luck anyways.