hi people im a beiginer with fish can any 1 help me with things

55james55

Reaction score
hello all,
            my name is james and i am a beginer with fish.im 13 yrs old i have 1 fish tank with fish in it and im looking on making it into a tropical tank but i have to wait till my other fish die lol. i have a question how big are the bigest tropical fishes get??? at the moment i have 2 goldfish 1 black more and 2 little white clouds!!! how do i make a tropical tank???

if any 1 can help me that would be great but if ya cant then thanks for checking it out and trying and best of luck with all ur fish
1 more thing plz is u have msn leave ur msn address after ur messge so we can chat ova msn about fish and u can help me. cheers

from james

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi James! Welcome to fishlore!

Nice to hear youre interested in tropical fish! Well how big do they get? how big is your imagination? browse through the fish lore site and check up all the fish profiles, some fish get about 1ft long! like your common pleco and Oscars, your clown loach also gets very big about 6''! wow hey? How big is your tank? All these big fish need at least a 55 gallon tank, they wont live very long otherwise! but there loads of beautiful little fish! im working on a 100g planted tank with about 100 neon tetras in! there really are so many options for you my friend!!! loads of beginner fish that are a little tougher than most like try some danios, they like to be in groups and they actually very pretty, you get zebra - striped, leopard - spotted, pearly - white pearl and yellow, like a pearly yellow colour.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!!! youre more that welcome to!

Kerry

55james55

Reaction score
hi kerry,
well my tank is 30 gallon i no its not big anough but anyway i might get a bigger 1 mabey

wow 100 neons that alot of fish i have to go ok ill talk tomorow but i need to no more about some stuff kk cya

from james

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Cool, keep us posted!!!

kano5003

Reaction score
hi james kane here didnt know you were a member i know all your awnsers ring me ok but your tank is 30 litres thats about 16 gallons or 16g so yeah i can suggest a few fish nice lokking ones and i know where to get tey write backhe cheapest heaters so ring me you know ill tell you and also fun site write ey back

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
just a little quick info here james, goldfish can live for a very long time, more than 10 years

55james55

Reaction score
JMatt1983 said:
just a little quick info here james, goldfish can live for a very long time, more than 10 years
thanks matt i no they live for a long time but im only 13 so i wont be getting a tropical tank soon
but i getting information about tropical tank and wat they have inside them and mabey wen im older i might get a big tropical tank!!!!!!!!

55james55

Reaction score
hey kane ill give ya a ring soon kk but not today ok im getting a tropical tank wen im older so yea

cheers james

55james55

Reaction score
hey kerry and any 1 that reads this i need to no wat u put in a tropical tank like wat ingreedents we need to put inside the tank like do we need a heater or do we need a pump thing thats the stuff i need to no plz if any1 can help me plz by all means plz reply with wat i need to put in a tropical tank

thanks james

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
goldfish are a tropical fish, i think they like cooler water temps though, but if you want something along the lines of some tetras or platies or gouramis, you will need a filter that moves 10 times the volume of water in your tank per hour ( 30 gallon tank =300GPH) and you will need a heater, the best thing for a beginner to get though is an aquarium kit which comes with the filter, heater, thermometer, all you need to do is supply the fish, water and decorations

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you will need...

1x fish tank - obvious
1x heater
1x Internal filter - so bacteria can grow in the sponge and your tank will cycle
1x thermometer
1x air stone - optional but airates your tank and its really pretty

you will also need some gravel or sand for the bottom,
plants live or plastic,
some stones if you want
or some caves.

and then your fish...

Hope that helped.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom