Hi, my name is Allie...

BlueLouis

and I'm addicted to buying Betta fish.

I currently have two Bettas: Blueberry and King Louis. I decided to get a Betta because of my boyfriend's mom. She has six or seven of them and after spending months looking at them, I decided to get one too. So I bought Blueberry. He's currently in a 2.5g tank.

I was not intending to get another Betta until I discovered I was out of cat litter and needed more. So an emergency trip to Walmart led me to discover that they sell fish. Looking through their collection of Bettas I noticed that one of them was dead. I couldn't walk away without rescuing at least one Betta, so I bought King Louis. He's in a 1.5g tank (which will be upgraded next month to a 2.5g) and is doing just fine.

I recently stopped by PetSmart and had to be dragged away from the shelves holding the Bettas. I was too tempted to buy them all!

I'm looking forward to learning from this site. Adieu!

-Allie

Shawnie

welcome to fishlore allie!! we now have TWO allie's that are addicted!! oh no!

freshwaterguy

Welcome to Fishlore Allie

Martinismommy

Welcome to Fishlore Allie.....I'm going to warn you it's not a good place to be if you are fighting a Betta addiction lol...I'd love to see photos of your babies....

mrsmuffin

Martinismommy said:
I'm going to warn you it's not a good place to be if you are fighting a Betta addiction lol....
As you can plainly see from MM's signature!!!

Welcome to FishLore.

pinkfloydpuffer

Welcome to FishLore!
The betta girls got me from one betta to three in a month...

BlueLouis

Martinismommy said:
Welcome to Fishlore Allie.....I'm going to warn you it's not a good place to be if you are fighting a Betta addiction lol...I'd love to see photos of your babies....
Being with enablers is so much more fun than being around people who will try (unsuccessfully) to talk you out of it.

I'm looking for the cord to upload my pictures onto my computer. I had it yesterday and it just walked off.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

-Allie

sirdarksol

Welcome to Fishlore!

MinxMermaid

welcome to fishlore!!!

yep, we're a bunch of BETTA enablers!!!

belamyboo

BlueLouis said:
I recently stopped by PetSmart and had to be dragged away from the shelves holding the Bettas. I was too tempted to buy them all!
And another one bites the dust! these fish sure are collecting us humans. welcome Allie!

COBettaCouple

Welcome to Fishlore Allie.

Lucy

Welcome to Fish Lore, Allie

Allie

BlueLouis said:
and I'm addicted to buying Betta fish.

I currently have two Bettas: Blueberry and King Louis. I decided to get a Betta because of my boyfriend's mom. She has six or seven of them and after spending months looking at them, I decided to get one too. So I bought Blueberry. He's currently in a 2.5g tank.

I was not intending to get another Betta until I discovered I was out of cat litter and needed more. So an emergency trip to Walmart led me to discover that they sell fish. Looking through their collection of Bettas I noticed that one of them was dead. I couldn't walk away without rescuing at least one Betta, so I bought King Louis. He's in a 1.5g tank (which will be upgraded next month to a 2.5g) and is doing just fine.

I'm looking forward to learning from this site. Adieu!

-Allie
Welcome!!
Oh no two of us addicted to betta....do you have multiple cats by any chance? I am always being dragged away from the betta sections around here. :helpsmilie:

Darlene

Welcome to fish lore. I'm sure you are going to love it here.

owain

hello and welcome, Allie

BlueLouis

Allie said:
Welcome!!
Oh no two of us addicted to betta....do you have multiple cats by any chance? I am always being dragged away from the betta sections around here. :helpsmilie:
Just the one cat, Starlight. My mom also has a cat, Sammy.

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

kra-z-fishmumm

Welcome!

ShaynaB

Welcome!!

As the previous posts have said, we're enablers here. We LOVE bettas! (And encourage people to get MORE bettas!)

You're going to have lots of fun!

cognizant

Welcome!

Butterfly

belamyboo said:
And another one bites the dust! these fish sure are collecting us humans. welcome Allie!
Can you imagine.... Betta Mommys and Daddys telling all their babies bedtime stories about how to look pitiful from the cup so humans will buy them. So at the Betta family reunions they say "well I have three humans... another says I have four and still another says.....
Sorry I'm delirious
Carol

MousePotato

Welcome, Allie, to the den of enablers!

You people are killing me, I swear! Husband said NO MORE TANKS until we move and I'm waiting for the pet stores to reopen so I can get one for a betta!

<mumbling to herself>
How can they open grocery stores and not pet stores? <shaking> How is this not a neccessity? <trembling> I gotta... I gotta have my FIX, man! <sobbing into keyboard>

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom