Hi long time reader finally registerd..Fresno CA

giz23mo

Valued Member
Reaction score
hello,
my nicknames Giz, and i love fish been reading through ur forums for a while an decided to register...see ya in the forums
hope to post much...

PS: is this to much for my tank?
55 gallon
2 75 emperor filters
1 5" albino oscar
2 5" plecos 3 3-4"plecos
3 3" jack dempseys
3 3-5" red belly pacus
2 2" tinfoil barbs
1 2" green terror
too much?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That sounds like your tank is overstocked. If the plecos are Common Plecos they will each get 12-18 inches long. The Oscar will get 12 inches. The Jack Dempseys, Tinfoil Barbs and Green Terror will also get large although I am not sure the exact numbers. You will need to either get several more large tanks or else give away some fish/return them to the store.
Now as to the Pacus...they wil get WAY WAY too big for that tank. I believe they can get 30 inches, maybe more, not sure about the exact size but you get the point...HUGE. And three of them...I doubt you could even get a tank that large. I don't know what to tell you about the Pacus. The ideal place for these fish is a public aquarium. Many people want Pacus banned from stores because they just get too big. You are going to need to find someone with a HUGE aquarium that can house adult Pacus.

Well, on a better note, welcome to FishLore!!! I know you will love the forum. I promise we talk about more than overstocked tanks here.

giz23mo

Valued Member
Reaction score
;D thanks. my pacus out grew my osacar in no time there huge... i might upgrade to a 150 gallon and keep the 55 for my other lil ones i just realized its ok to have more than one tank..lol since everyones sigs say they have more than one i have an empty room so ill call it my lil aquarium ..lol

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore, and haveing more then 1 tank is very exceptable. But becarefull it gets hard to stop, and before you know it you have 7-8 tanks and no TV.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth Tumbleweed!..lol.. anyways, welcome aboard Giz.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh yes, the incurable MTS virus (multiple tank syndrome) is very picky about who it victimizes, but once it hits there is no way out... no way out... no... way... out... need... more... tanks...... need... more... fishies..... help me... not enough... fish... aah must have more... need more...need more....... ;D oh wait I just got two more tanks a few hours ago (seriously)... oh well I still need more ;D ;D ;D

Ok back on a more serious note, I'm no expert on Pacus but I doubt even a 150 gallon would support 3 of them...

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey Giz ... WELCOME to Fish Lore ! ;D

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore! You're tank is very crowded!

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Giz, can`t wait to see some pictures of your fish if you can . ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!! Yep more is better
Carol

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore,don't be a stranger

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
HELLO!!! i,ve just bought my first fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cherry barbs, am so excited. welcome to this site ( i've not been here long)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom