Hi, I'm New!

Margaux

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, I'm Margaux and I'm new to fish hobby. I research fairly obsessively and am lucky enough to have a mentor who I know through my other hobby, dog training and showing, who is helping me out with the basics. I started out with a 10g someone gave me for my grade 4 classroom with a couple of guppies and have recently acquired, thanks to my mentor, a 30g and a 75g complete with canister filters. We started the 30g a few weeks ago and it just finished its cycle and has a few new residents (a few platies and mollies as well as some yoyo loaches who will probably get moved over to the 75g once we set it up). I'm still very excited about the whole thing. My partner is still dreaming up the perfect setup for his 75g, which he wants to do in dramatic black and white. He's more focused on making the overreaching aesthetic, I like pretty colours (hence the platies and guppies). I'm really excited to get to know more and grow in this new hobby!

Margaux

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
WTFish? said:
Hi there and welcome! Love how you spell your name!
Thanks! It's actually a nickname (short for Marguerite), so I just decided to spell it all fancy like the wine.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Margaux said:
Thanks! It's actually a nickname (short for Marguerite), so I just decided to spell it all fancy like the wine.
Very nice!

Brian Knowles

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!!!!! I did the dog thing for a while. Rotties. Managed to get a few blues and one best of show. My late wife handled them, and after she passed I lost interest

Margaux

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nice! I love rotties! I never managed to get more than a BoB with my vizsla, although she did make WB and BoW over 6 other females on pur last time out. I'm showing her in obedience, now and I'm hoping to get her titled in rally as well before she's two. Her CH was a slog, but she's a sharp little princess and she'll an amazing sport dog. I'm hoping my GSP does better in the show ring (she should, she's prettier), but I don't think she'll ever be as good as the vizsla in performance b

r5n8xaw00

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Years ago my parents had a really nice sized and well managed dog ranch. They did this for about ten years back in the early 80s. The one dog they settled on to raise and sale puppies was Rotties. They did this for most of the time they had the dog ranch. Rotties where new to this area and my family introduced them to people that had never seen them before. One of the Rotties they had was Bro. Bro was beautiful and very smart. My parents hired a profession dog handler who trained Bro for the shows. He won several Best in Show and then became an American Champion. We still have all his ribbons today and a picture of him standing with his handler when he won American Champion.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom