Hi, I'm Janelie.

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Janelie, Apr 20, 2019.

1. JanelieNew MemberMember

Hi everyone, my name is Janelie.
    I'm not very experienced in fish keeping. As I am still very young, I'm being patient and waiting until I'm done with school to explore the realm of fishkeeping. I have one female Betta fish named Bertram. I got her as a baby from Petco, she was labeled as a baby boy but as she got older and as I did more research, I have concluded that she is in fact female. She is currently living in a one-gallon tank, but I plan to move her into a ten-gallon tank soon. I've had her for almost a full year (which is the longest a fish has survived in my house). I'm very proud to have raised her and I'm super attached to her and love her very much. She is the reason I joined this site. Thanks so much for reading my little intro, I hope to learn more about Bertram and about fishkeeping through my experience with this site. :)

2. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore Janelie!!!

3. jmaldoWell Known MemberMember

@Janelie

Welcome to the "Forum"
    Plenty of "Veteran" Betta keepers here to help. Definitely upgrade as soon as you can.

4. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Welcome @Janelie !!! Definitely upgrade ASAP!! Do you plant to get a heater? Betta Fish need a constant temperature of 75-78 degrees Farinhite. I would love to see a picture of your fish!!:)

5. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

Welcome!

6. Prest12Valued MemberMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

7. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Welcome! Yes, betta pics, when and if you can, please!

8. Brian KnowlesValued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!!!!! Lots of Betta folks here to help you out!!!!

9. JanelieNew MemberMember

Already upgraded her last night! Thanks for the concern. Pics coming soon!! :)
    Also yes, she has a heater, I turn it on during the winter since my room is usually pretty warm this time of year.