Hi from Ontario, Canada

1. Molly11 Initiate Member

Hi everyone. :;group

Thought I'd give everyone a hello before I started posting in the rest of the forums. My boyfriend and I have a 20 gallon tank with 5 corydoras. . .he has been around aquariums since he was a kid. I have little to no experience. We are going to be starting a 50 gallon planted tank in the next couple of weeks. I know it's going to be challenging. . .but I'm more then sure we will be able to do it. Plus I prefer real plants over those plastic things.

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:) Welcome to FishLore Molly.
    Good luck with the 50g and post some pics when you get a chance!

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

welcome :)

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

5. Borisbbadd Guest

Hi and Welcome.......:;hi2

6. callichma Well Known Member Member

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Molly and :sign0016:to Fish Lore! Keep us posted on your progress. Have fun!
    Ken

8. phil saint Member Member

Hi and welcome !!!

9. click Well Known Member Member

Welcome fellow Ontarian ;D

Good luck with the new 50g project. Even if it will be challenging, it will be fun to do and very rewarding in the end. Whenever you have any doubts or questions, just post on the forums and everyone will be more than happy to help.

+1 on the real plants idea. Your tank will look amazing.

10. aquarist2012 Initiate Member

Hi and welcome!!! Hows the snow in Canada?

11. Betafish305ca Member Member

Hi... Welcome.
    Windsor here,u ?

12. callichma Well Known Member Member

For you plants, are you going to get super lights or use the low light plants. I have low light plants (Java moss, anubias, Amazon Sword, and Wisteria) I use Seachem Fluorish because I don't have a CO2 generator (not sure if that's what it's called, but you know what I mean.) I think it helps keep my algae down, and my plants are happy. Someday when my life is less hectic, I'll post pictures.

13. Molly11 Initiate Member

aquarist2012 - We have NO SNOW yet!!! :mad:

Betafish305ca - Hamilton. . .my family were founders of Windsor. Does the last name Marentette(or François Godet (Godé) ) ring a bell? There is a statue with his name on it. :;google lol

callichma - we are researching the plant tank as we speak. . .looking into all the different plants, lighting, c02 and so on. . .also reading up on what fish would do well in such a tank. Apparently corydoras aren't big on multiple plants in a tank and prefer 2-3 different species. I will keep you updated on what we decide though.

14. Betafish305ca Member Member

Ya, marentette I know... My g/f works near that street... That is so cool.. I'm going to look for that statue

15. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

:;hi2Welcome Molly 11, fellow Canadian! This is a great site, good luck with your plans. You may not have snow but here in Western Canada we do, plus cold temperatures:;flake
    Happy Fish-keeping!

16. StillLearning Initiate Member

:;hi2 Hi Molly! I'm from Ontario, Canada as well!! Glad to have you here :;toast

17. click Well Known Member Member

If only Ontario would be a smaller place...we could all met up for a coffee:giggle:

18. Molly11 Initiate Member

Hi all.

So my boyfriend bought me a Betta (Crown Tail) for Christmas Eve. I have him in a 1/2 gallon tank. . .seems to be loving it. I will post pictures in the next few days. He's a beautiful red. In the spirit of Christmas I have named him Scrooge. =D

19. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

20. Special Initiate Member

Hello and welcome! I recently joined the forum as well. So far it's been wonderful - very knowledgeable AND friendly people here who will undoubtly help you get through your 50 gal challenge! hehe

PS. I think some of us NBers wouldn't mind giving you guys some of our snow! We got 30 cm yesterday on top of what we already had! :shock: