Hi From Leicester UK

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Ian Allen, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Ian AllenNew MemberMember

Hi, I have just joined Fishlore as I was googling about crayfish and came across this site. I am not new to tropical fish as I have had many tanks and fish. I used to have marine fish a few years ago too.
    I have started a marine tank and I also have a blue crayfish tank and a terrarium with brackish red claw crabs in. I did have 3 crayfish and started them off in small tank as they were babies. They have grown and now only have two. The third, which seemed not to grow, is missing. Presumed eaten by the other two. They are healthy and lively. The two red claw crabs do not move from their hides much. They seem not to eat either, so I dont know if they are preparing to molt. My marine tank is cycling and a couple of clown fish, a pair of hermit crabs and a cleaner shrimp will be going in next week.
    I live in Leicester in UK

2. SabrinaBrook

SabrinaBrookWell Known MemberMember

Hi Ian! Welcome :)
    I don't know much about crabs, crayfish or sea fish but i hope you have a good time here its a wonderful site!
    Have you got any photos to look at? That would be cool

3. OP
    OP
    I

Ian AllenNew MemberMember

IMG_1457.JPGIMG_1451.JPGIMG_1422.JPGIMG_1440.JPG
    The larger of the two crayfish. Not so blue now. I think it is female. Also my marine tank. Daytime view and night time view. Livestock to go in next week.

4. SabrinaBrook

Oh the crays are beautiful! Those claws look a bit scary though lol I like your tank too, it will look much better with some fish in there :) And the blue lights are cool. Thank you!

5. OP
    OP
    I

Ian AllenNew MemberMember

Thanks. I bought some blue LED lights off ebay for £1.50 and was surprised I got 2 packs of 2. I placed them on the top of the tank and wired them up to a 12v transformer. They look great in the dark when lights go out. When the fish are in, it will have the full effect then. I hope. lol.

6. SabrinaBrook

Haha im sure it will look awesome!

7. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

I was born in Leicester. Land of the champions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice