Hi Folks! Glad To Finally Create An Account! Help

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by HoneyBun, Mar 18, 2019.

1. HoneyBunNew MemberMember

18B6FB1D-D3C0-4C11-A26E-771C82C40CDD.jpeg I’m not new to fishkeeping, however, I am new to angelfish! I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is fin rot or something I shouldn’t worry about. I’ve attached an image of my newest rescue; she (I think) has been in quarantine for about a week and went into her own tank today. Tank is cycled at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and trace amounts of nitrate. It’s a 29 high and she is the SOLE fish. I don’t intend to add anymore...I like the tank as is :)! Thanks in advance and glad to finally join (I’ve been staking these forums ever since I started the hobby!)

2. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

I am no angel expert at all, so hopefully our members with that experience will reply.

3. Ohio MarkWell Known MemberMember

Welcome aboard! :)

@bizaliz3

She is the first person to come to mind when I think of Angelfish. :)

4. bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

Hey! Welcome to fishlore!

Definitely lots of fin loss/damage, possibly from aggression at the store. But no rotting...yet.

Give her lots and lots of extra water changes and they should grow back.

Beautiful angel!

5. CanaculusWell Known MemberMember

Welcome!

6. SwlwsValued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore! He's beautiful and I'm sure will look a lot better very soon with your tlc!

7. HoneyBunNew MemberMember

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes and assurance! The tank is very minimally stocked and I’m doing daily 10-15 percent water changes to help the healing process. Also, I noticed some brown/black (can’t tell) spots near and on the dorsal fin. You can see the spots in the image above. Something I should worry about? I keep Corys, bettas and guppies and have not encountered it. Not sure if it’s something I should worry about.

I’m really digging the angel though. She/he is still very shy and eats minimally but looks/acts healthy otherwise.

8. TezValued MemberMember

Hello @HoneyBun and welcome to Fishlore :)

I have Guppies besides other fish and I always add API stress coat..i don't know if you add it but it helps healing process on fish besides a coating to help protect them.

9. bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

The spots you are referring to are natural coloring. Nothing to be concerned about.

A happy healthy angel will not be shy. They are some of the most interactive fish you will ever own. You will know when he is happy and feeling well when he zooms to the front of the tank the second he sees you. And eats food with lots of vigor.

Keep up with the small daily water changes and he should come around! :)

10. HoneyBunNew MemberMember

BA5EA239-77DD-4348-A4F2-FC8BDA2ECE12.jpeg He did come from a 20 long with a dozen or so moderately sized cichlids. The water was absolutely disgusting! So I assume it’s gonna take him some time to adjust. The tank he came from also did not have lighting. According to the store, he’s been in there for three months.

Here’s an image of the current tank...added some Corys to eat his leftovers for the time being. Live plants to be added once they come in a week or so. Hopefully he will be less shy with more cover (gonna be mildly planted but tons of frogbit)