Hi Fellow Fishy People

KenedeeRenee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey, I'm Kenedee! I've been interested in fish keeping pretty well my whole life, my mom always had atleast one tank in every place we lived while I was growing up. Often multiple. We have also had a few pond set ups when we had the space. I only have/had freshwater aquariums. Although, I do think salt water tanks are beautiful, I've heard they are very expensive and extensive upkeep, so I've always just stuck to fresh water so I could keep my collection of aquariums growing and upgraded as desired. Right now I have a 15 gallon Glofish Tetra column tank. With two plecos who are keeping it nice and tidy for me in between filter and water changes. I also have a classic 10 gallon which I converted to a separated tank with plexI glass and aquarium sealant. I also added small flow holes throughout the plexI to encourage consistency with temperature and such in all parts of the tank. It is set up to house 3 different bettas. I lightly scuffed up the plexI with sandpaper to reduce stress with my bettas seeing each other. I also run two 10 gallon filters in this tank so it stays cleaner overall in all sections. I also have a 10 gallon column community fish tank. It houses my assortment of small fish; assorted guppies, a few glofish danios, swordtails, platys, mollies, a green cory cat, a pleco, and two african dwarf frogs named Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Pardon. And lastly I have a small wine barrel pond set up that I created with a 50 gallon half barrel and a soft liner that I layed inside the barrel evenly and stapled all around the outside edges to hold it in place. For the waterfall feature, I have a large pump that goes up to a plastic waterfall spillway cycle which I add and change filter media ever few weeks or so. Activated carbon with layers of poly fill over the top to keep the carbon out of the barrel pond itself and the polyfill also works quite well to keep some of the muck and algae from cycling back into the pond. I will include some pics of my current/past aquatic set ups and finned friends below. Thanks for reading. Hope that sums up a little bit of my endeavours in this hobby. I look forward to seeing everyone's awesome tanks as well!
20190326_031152.jpg

An old glofish 10 gallon set up.
20200324_230700.jpg

Current 10 gallon Column Community Tank
20200324_230619.jpg

10 gallon Community Tank with blue leds
20200130_122058.jpg

Current betta tank. Separated 10 gallon.
20191230_024525.jpg

Current Glofish Tetra and Pleco habitat. 15 gallon Column.
20190322_221419.jpg

Wine Barrel Pond with 3 koi, 2 oranda's, and 1 shubunkin.
20190113_173731.jpg

Past in ground pond build.
20181120_012931-COLLAGE.jpg

A collage of some of my current and past favorite betta buddies.

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hello and welcome to the forum your tanks look amazing cheers john

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
welcome to Fishlore :) Glad to have you here!

New Threads