Hi Everyone

Bradley

Reaction score
Hi everybody, Me and my wife are kinda new to keeping fish. We started out about 3 months ago with a 55 gallon tank, and soon realized we have more fish, than what we should in there, they are all small now but, when they get bigger, the tank will be really over crowded. So we now also have a 29 gallon tank, we have in the cycling prcoess right now, that some of the fish in the 55 gallon tank will be put into. We also have a 10 gallon tank that we use for quarantine for new fish. Im sure we will be asking alot of questions in the near future, while we try and get things going in the right direction with the new fish and tanks. I have been reading alot of tips from this site already and it has really been alot of help, i wish we woulda found this site before we went over board with fish LOL! cya later.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to the board!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore! We love questions
Carol

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi welcome to fishlore, we will try our best to help u. which species r u going to move to the smaller tank? tetras or loaches?

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
hi bradley, welcome to fishlore!
you have loads of fish! bet it looks fantastic. along with neville i'm curious to know which fish are staying togther and which are moving out. fish buying is addictive!! before you know it you'll be wall to wall with tanks!!!
we all make mistakes. so long as we learn from them thats what mistakes are for! no harm done. i too wish i'd found this website BEFORE i got my tank and fish etc!! i would have made less mistakes i'm sure!!
Tan

Bradley

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome guys. We really aren't sure what we are moving into the 29 gallon tank yet. Right now all fish are all getting along pretty well together, of course they are all still pretty small, so them getting along good may change as they get bigger. Wife is wanting to get 1 or 2 angel fish, so i need to figure out what will work best with them I think. If any one has advice, on what will work good with them, and what fish might cause issues with them, or if we have any other fish on list that might have issues with eachother in near future, I would greatly appreciate it.I know the tiger barbs and some of the others are known to be fin nippers, and Ive read i think the 2 black redtail sharks we have are known to get aggressive with their own kind, and a few others when they get bigger. I'm just hoping the fish don't get to big to fast. When we get a better idea on how to keep fish properly, we do plan on getting a bigger tank than the 55gallon, because i know if you go by the 1" per fish rule when our fish get to their full grown potential, we will definitely be overcrowded with the 2 tanks we have now, especially if we get a couple small angel fish ,and a couple other in the meantime. Thanks, in advance for any advice. Bill Bradley

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Come in.. your fish will love you for it and you'll get to know some pretty ok folks from all over.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishlore

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! Our members are eager to help you get on track, and we're glad you decided to join us!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom