Hi everyone! I’m new here

orangesicle

Hello there! I’ve been wanting to join an aquarium forum, so here I am.

I’m new to the hobby and I just got my first tank. It’s 29 gallons. There are 4 rosy barbs. I think I have 3 females and 1 male, but I’m not sure. I’m planning to add another male and female soon.

I don’t have any experience with fishkeeping, so I’m hoping to learn things here. Hopefully things will go smoothly. That’s all :)

BigManAquatics

Welcome to Fishlore!

Rose of Sharon

Welcome to Fishlore! Hope you love it here!! :)

SparkyJones

Sounds like you have a good plan there. should be 5 or more, they like to school and it will keep down the nipping tendency with 5+ fish and spread out any aggression. 1 male to two females or better, and males can get aggressive with each other, so don't get too crazy on the males, keep a good ratio to keep everyone happy.

We all didn't have experience, it's a "learn on the job" kind of thing, and there's always some missteps or setbacks along the way. Read whatever you can about the fish you keep, and how to keep them and just remember fish are living animals and a pet, not just a hobby, and you'll do just fine I'm sure and look out for what's best for the animals you keep.

orangesicle

Sounds like you have a good plan there. should be 5 or more, they like to school and it will keep down the nipping tendency with 5+ fish and spread out any aggression. 1 male to two females or better, and males can get aggressive with each other, so don't get too crazy on the males, keep a good ratio to keep everyone happy.

We all didn't have experience, it's a "learn on the job" kind of thing, and there's always some missteps or setbacks along the way. Read whatever you can about the fish you keep, and how to keep them and just remember fish are living animals and a pet, not just a hobby, and you'll do just fine I'm sure and look out for what's best for the animals you keep.
I see. I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!

slg

Hello there! I’ve been wanting to join an aquarium forum, so here I am.

I’m new to the hobby and I just got my first tank. It’s 29 gallons. There are 4 rosy barbs. I think I have 3 females and 1 male, but I’m not sure. I’m planning to add another male and female soon.

I don’t have any experience with fishkeeping, so I’m hoping to learn things here. Hopefully things will go smoothly. That’s all :)
Welcome to Fishlore! You will learn a lot here

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom