HGTV Million Dollar Rooms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ziggi, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

So I've sat through 2 episodes of Million Dollar Rooms on HGTV, and I'm just in shock. I've seen a high/low tide pool, a full yoga center in a room, a airline hangar door for a living room, a car elevator in a house, and even an air conditioned barn :drool: which I want! oh and a bat cave designed theater ... but no ginormous fish tanks! :eek: I wanna see what a celebrity/business mogul could do with a fish tank! Like a pool sized freshwater tank in yo bathroom!?...
    And yes, I've seen Tanked... but to me, this stuff is bigger, maybe I just haven't seen the right episode. Oh if I had the money! *sigh* ok, back to reality...

2. JoannaBWell Known MemberMember

Is this one impressive enough?

And if it is not, here is a video of the single largest private home aquarium: 2 car garage sized freshwater tank.

Oh and in case size is not your main criterion, but price is, here is a link to the most expensive fish tank ever: and I believe it is the price for the tank itself, not the fish in it (24 carat gold combined with t-Rex and wooly mammoth bones built tank! Who invented that???)

Oh and in case you look at the above most expensive tank, for about $4.8 million (installation not included), and think "perfect! I have found the Christmas gift for my spouse." you can purchase it right here:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  3. matsungit

matsungitWell Known MemberMember

If you know how to build a pool you can definitely build one like this. Large sump/refugiums and DSBs definitely recommended. I wish I have one. My co-worker has a 1000gal SW tank that came integrated with his new home. He doesn't know anything about fish keeping and I helped him awhile back and introduced him to my LFS. Unfortunately he's way too busy with work now and he can't keep up with the maintenance. His tank had no live rock and infested with algae. The fish were extremely stressed with ich. His system has a large outdoor UV system that I suspect need replacing or maintenance. The RO filters for the reservoir tank needs replacing. He had no protein skimmer but he has one now. He has 2 100gal sumps with wet/dry and HQI lighting.

4. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Nice links!!

An indoor tropical pool full of fish would be nice. Scuba anyone?

5. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

I saw the Bat cave one. Me WANT with fish!:;batman

6. LyleBWell Known MemberMember

Doesn't that one built in the garage (second link) look grossly overstocked?

7. Terra

TerraWell Known MemberMember

I was thinking that too, poor fish are bumping into each other every time they drift or turn. The basement and garage ones didn't look particularly nice either tbh. I'd rather look at my planted 20 gallon, and catch myself doing so for hours sometimes, lol.

8. OP
    OP
    Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Nice links! I want the first one, just a different stock ... oh the possibilities. I agree with the second one's stocking it doesn't LOOK that big in the video, but *shrug* doesn't mean anything.

But the last one is what I'm talking about. That ridiculous over the top luxury "spent money on it cause I can" items... though I didn't see the dino-bones... the gold and remote seem nice :)

I guess I'm wondering if there's a gold plated, self cleaning, season changing, 500,000,000,000,000,000 gallon tank that is someone's ... basement theater room? You can sit back and watch Batman together with your BPs for kicks and giggles.

Yeah, I'm pulling out of the clouds, but I'm just wondering :p How extreme can you get with a tank?

9. matsungit

matsungitWell Known MemberMember

You can build your house under the ocean. LOL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice