Hey, Y'all!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by visual.lace, Apr 9, 2017.

1. visual.lace

visual.lace New Member Member

Hi, I'm new 'round these parts! I've had a 10 gallon for a few years with a betta and 6 cories, but I'm setting up a bigger tank now, and figured I could probably use a little advice (seeing as PetSmart doesn't always give the best fish advice). Looking forward to talking with y'all!

2. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

Awesome! Welcome! Petco had their dollar per gallon sale starting last Sunday, I was just in there today getting a beta and they still had it going on, FYI :D
    Are you familiar with the nitrogen cycle? If not start there and lets get you all set up :D

3. OP
    OP
    visual.lace

visual.lace New Member Member

I've already got the tank! :) Snagged one with a stand on sale last month at PetSmart. I've been doing some online research already on the set up, so I'm about a week into my fishless cycle using ammonia (tried several stores before I found the non-sudsy kind). Looked like the ammonia might be starting to drop when I tested yesterday morning (finally. Feels like it's taking forever...).

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!

5. max h

max h Well Known Member Member

Welcome, it's sounds like the new tank is off to a great start.

6. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Welcome! :shame:

7. Bek

Bek Valued Member Member

Welcome to the forums!
    Everyone here is really helpful and most are very knowledgeable.
    I think most pet stores have good intentions but you'll likely find more reliable information on the here.
    Thats my experience so far anyways :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice