Hey, Y'all!

visual.lace

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, I'm new 'round these parts! I've had a 10 gallon for a few years with a betta and 6 cories, but I'm setting up a bigger tank now, and figured I could probably use a little advice (seeing as PetSmart doesn't always give the best fish advice). Looking forward to talking with y'all!

Bizarro252

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Awesome! Welcome! Petco had their dollar per gallon sale starting last Sunday, I was just in there today getting a betta and they still had it going on, FYI
Are you familiar with the nitrogen cycle? If not start there and lets get you all set up

OP
visual.lace

visual.lace

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bizarro252 said:
Awesome! Welcome! Petco had their dollar per gallon sale starting last Sunday, I was just in there today getting a betta and they still had it going on, FYI
Are you familiar with the nitrogen cycle? If not start there and lets get you all set up
I've already got the tank! Snagged one with a stand on sale last month at PetSmart. I've been doing some online research already on the set up, so I'm about a week into my fishless cycle using ammonia (tried several stores before I found the non-sudsy kind). Looked like the ammonia might be starting to drop when I tested yesterday morning (finally. Feels like it's taking forever...).

max h

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome, it's sounds like the new tank is off to a great start.

Bek

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to the forums!
Everyone here is really helpful and most are very knowledgeable.
I think most pet stores have good intentions but you'll likely find more reliable information on the here.
That's my experience so far anyways

New Threads