Hey There!

chocolatemilkcows

All the various forums I've come across in the last year and a half, this one has been my favourite. I figured after this long I better join everyone!

Spent the better part of a year researching hard before starting my first cycle and here I am about to start up a second tank.

36g bow (Coldwater) houses 3 peppered corydoras, 5 albino peppered corydoras, 2 yellow rabbit snails, 1 apple snail (brought home from my office), 1 albino paradise gourami, and 2 unknown tetras (brought home from my office). I still need to add another set of tank mates in there but I've only got 1 LFS near me. So, as with everything, patience is the key!

I'm currently in the process of setting up a 10g long to get the cycle started. I'll be doing live plants in this one. It will house Tanichthys micagemmae (6 are currently residing in quarantine) and amano shrimp.

Very happy that I will no longer be a lurker!

BigManAquatics

Welcome in from the cold!!

fallfever

Welcome aboard! Lurking sounds creepy :)

FreshFins

Welcome to fishlore :)

chocolatemilkcows

Welcome aboard! Lurking sounds creepy :)
It does sound creepy haha but such an accurate description

jmaldo

Welcome!
Most of us were lurkers before we joined....
Let's see some pics...

chocolatemilkcows

Welcome!
Most of us were lurkers before we joined....
Let's see some pics...

IMG_20210619_104511.jpg
My 36g bow. I swapped the charcoal filter out for super peat. Hardly affects the water at all (which isnt too bad) and the tannins don't last long unfortunately. I'm also filtering the light threw orange lighting gels. They seem to appreciate the cut down on brightness and I would love the Blackwater look without getting heavy into the water chemistry at this point.

IMG_20210619_104526.jpg
I actually designed and stocked this tank around this little guy. The I intended to just grab a paradise gourami but immediately fell in love with the albinos the moment I saw them.

IMG_20210619_105214.jpg
His mouth was injured and healed before I got him but one of the unknown tetras. He used to hide all the time. To the point you never knew if he was alive or dead or even still in the tank. They're now living their best life in this and he almost never hides.

IMG_20210429_214935.jpg
This guy has also become very active since I took him in.

IMG_20210619_111422.jpg
Quarantine isn't exciting and you can't see any of them but there are 10 Tanichthys micagemmae in there. We grabbed four more during an unexpected stop to the LFS.

IMG_20210618_212437.jpg
Current condition of the second tank. Hopefully the stand will be done this weekend!

DreamWolf

IMG_20210619_104511.jpg
My 36g bow. I swapped the charcoal filter out for super peat. Hardly affects the water at all (which isnt too bad) and the tannins don't last long unfortunately. I'm also filtering the light threw orange lighting gels. They seem to appreciate the cut down on brightness and I would love the Blackwater look without getting heavy into the water chemistry at this point.

IMG_20210619_104526.jpg
I actually designed and stocked this tank around this little guy. The I intended to just grab a paradise gourami but immediately fell in love with the albinos the moment I saw them.

IMG_20210619_105214.jpg
His mouth was injured and healed before I got him but one of the unknown tetras. He used to hide all the time. To the point you never knew if he was alive or dead or even still in the tank. They're now living their best life in this and he almost never hides.

IMG_20210429_214935.jpg
This guy has also become very active since I took him in.

IMG_20210619_111422.jpg
Quarantine isn't exciting and you can't see any of them but there are 10 Tanichthys micagemmae in there. We grabbed four more during an unexpected stop to the LFS.

IMG_20210618_212437.jpg
Current condition of the second tank. Hopefully the stand will be done this weekend!
Welcome!! Very nice tank, I've always liked he bow front.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BxoChocolates
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Woodentop
Replies
Views
RedOnion
Replies
Views
SinisterCichlids

Random Great Thread

Know of a great thread on Fishlore that should be on this list? Submit the thread link here:
Great threads on Fishlore

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom