Hey MM!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by critter_fritter79, Mar 24, 2010.

1. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I took some pics of what is happening at my house this morning to try and cheer you up a little! Here is that GORGEOUS multi male Apollo and his woman, Big Mama! Keep your chin up and don't forget, we are all here for you!

Attached Files:

2. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

My beautiful kids! Congratulations!

3. Martinismommy

Critter, was this a rough spawn? They look pretty tore up.....Be sure and treat them when they come out of the spawn tank.....

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

great looking bettas !! and the spawn looks like a good size!!
    but he looks like he has some finrot thats going to be a major issue ? i hope not!

5. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats on the spawn Critter :D
    So who was being mean? Him or her? :nono: I have faith you'll take great care of them :D

6. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

this was actually a very rough spawn and I wasn't really sure it would actually happen. I was on the verge of pulling them both when they suddenly got very tender and started embracing. It started with him chasing and nipping her but sheis a fighter too...every time he bit her she bit him right back! There must be something in the water this week because I pulled 3 other pairs for being too violent! Don't worry, I have her in her warm tank with some dark water extract (to soften the water and prevent fungus...or so I was told..)and garlic juice. She is already perked up and eating. His tank is warm and ready for him the minute he is ready to come out.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the stress coat is added too...any idea why this months spawns have been so violent?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  7. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

The ides of March! XD Or March Madness! :p

8. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

LOL! I dunno if thats it or not...all I know is not a single spawn has gone right since I got home from Texas...

9. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

This one will be the one. Lovely kids, and I'm glad you got them to just get it together already!
    Be optimistic, it WILL be fine, we're all pushing for you!

10. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Wow...as an Italian, we call that "passion" LOL.

11. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

It has been 18 hours now and things are going good. The female is colored up and showing no signs of stress. The male is still under the nest and showing no signs of eating the eggs this time. In most cases, I know how to prevent and treat infection from the torn fins, but does anyone have any suggestion on how to promote faster regrowth in them? I have a couple others that have some bites from spawning... There is no infection but the fins aren't regrowing very much...

12. Martinismommy

Critter,

Glad things are going well with this spawn....My multi males are always good Daddy's....As far as re-growth I've found clean water (changes every day) work the best....

13. Tigerfishy

Lol, I'm half Italian :;hf ! Imagine that...

Critter, glad to hear it's all going well since - even if there's a bit of damage. Do your best like usual and they'll heal up great. They just used a lot of energy, maybe that's why they're not healing fast, but MMs the best source of info for this. Try not to worry, they're separate, they're being looked after, they can want no more!

14. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

I was wondering if that was the key. I do wc's 3x weekly on the divided tanks and every day for the juvies and the ones in the hospital tanks. Imight as well just start doing a wc every day for them all...it wouldn't really add too much time to the process...I have been waiting for this spawn for a long time! I have spawned them before while in Tx, but out of the 3x I spawned them, they had to be seperated once, he ate the eggs once, and the third all the fry got eaten by some hitchiking pond snails that took over that tank in just a little over 2 weeks...When he heals up I am going to put him in the photo cubes for you...He has always been gorgeous, but as he has grown he has gotten more awesome every day! His dorsal is to DIE for! This multi line of your definitely doesn't need the dt crossing to improve finnage!! They are perfect just as they are!

15. Martinismommy

Thanks Critter....That's what I have said about adding DT to my line....I simply won't do it....I like the balance just how it is and I'd hate to give up the perfect toplines! I HATE that DT dip!

16. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

you are very welcome! Thank YOU for letting my buy these 2! They are my pride and joy! The dt's that I got are meant to be crossed into a few of the Thai lines that I have...some of those really do need it! And you are right about those toplines...the dt in that line would be a very bad thing IMO...

17. Red1313

I have noticed the DT "dip" in my one girl, however I can test cross the male with both females to see ;)
    Spawn is looking good Critter :p
    You're someone else I'd love a fishy tour from :p

18. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

lol...my fish room is my living room!! at least until I get moved! Once I get everything cleaned up, I will have to get a video!

19. Red1313

Hehe mine is often mistaken for my bedroom, but that's just because my beds int there :p

20. Tigerfishy

Haha, innovative fish rooms guys, but at least they're comfortable!

I picture a big Aladdin's cave with fish instead of treasure. But you still wanna pick the "treasure" up to take it away... Wall to wall fishies, jars, and of course BUBBLES!!! Woo hoo...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice