Hey Mike...

1. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I'm sure you're busy (isn't everyone? :p), but if you ever have some free time, I couldn't help but notice that a few common fish are missing from the fish profiles on your site: Glowlight Tetras (Hemigrammus erythrozonus), Head-and-Tail Light Tetras (Hemigrammus ocellifer), Otocinclus Catfish (Otocinclus affinis), Kuhli Loaches (Pangio kuhli), and Bristlenose Pleco (Ancistrus temminckii). If you ever feel like adding more fish to the profiles, those are a few ideas.

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Ug binomial nomenclature is so confusing sometimes with the ever-changing scientific names....Acanthophthalamus Kuhlii as opposed to Pangio Kuhli...Brachydanio rerio and Danio Rerio...everyone says them different :-X

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Yes - I am working on profiles- just takes time and research on my part. The last thing I want to do is provide bad or incorrect info, so I tend to spend more time than is reasonable on profiles. Also, on this note, if you guys ever have any disputes or contradicting info on a profile that you see on the main website, please let me know. I want to provide accurate info and I would really appreciate any feedback from the fishlore group on any of the profiles. If you have anything to add or think that something should be changed, please let me know. Just know that I'm working on it and will provide profiles as time allows. I currently have a coral beauty angelfish (saltwater) that has a touch of marine ich that I'm trying to remedy. I have it in quarantine and I am trying to give it the most optimal conditions (live foods and frequent water changes). This website is not my full time job (although some day maybe - dreaming I know). Or if you guys have a picture that would go with any of the profiles, that would help as well.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Pictures of my latest fascination.  Man - this is a beautiful fish.  Seems to be free from marine ich - so far so good! The first few days it was doing very poor. The last several day it seems to be doing great! It seems to have responded using rid ich+. It's amazing how you can become so attached to these fish.

Attached Files:

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Mike,
    I get this when I try and look at your pictures:

???

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yeah thats what i got too ???

7. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I get that sometimes too, but did not get it on this topic...

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

It definately is a Beauftiful fish! Hey Mike are all those profile pictures, your fish?

9. joe Member Member

Ya i got the same thing as Gunnie and Emma.

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I can't see them either. :(
    Carol

11. rob2uk Member Member

ditto

12. Jason Well Known Member Member

Go to the profile on the main site

13. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I'm not sure why that's happening... I've gotta find time to upgrade the forum software.

I added the Centropyge bispinosus (coral beauty) profile yesterday - here are some links to the photos that are being used on the profile page:
    https://www.fishlore.com/Pictures/Profiles/coral_beauty_angelfish_1.jpg
    https://www.fishlore.com/Pictures/Profiles/coral_beauty_angelfish_2.jpg

I'm also re-attaching the photos to this message - please let me know if you can see them now.

J-man - for the most part they're all my fish except for some of the larger species (arowana, pacu, french angel, emperor angel). Those were submitted by visitors to the profile pages. User submitted photos have photo credits under the pictures if they want their name posted with the photo. I'm still lookin for copyright free crawfish pictures and any snowflake moray eel pictures if any one has some we can use for the profile pages. For that matter - if you guys have better photos of any of the current species and will let us use them - email them to me, be sure to include whatever name you want to use for the photo credit.

Thanks,
    Mike

Attached Files:

14. rob2uk Member Member

same as before:

15. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Thanks - I'll try to figure out whats going on

16. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i got them...no problem ???

17. Jon Well Known Member Member

Its great that there are more marine fish being added you do an amazing job with this site...

some fish i would like to see are--

Mandarin Fish, aka Psychadelic Fish
    Various Blennies
    More Angels
    More Butterflies
    Puffers

There are so many marine fish and inverts! I cant wait to see more profiles added you are doing a great job!

18. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I can hardly see the whole forum at all. I see none of the pictures or links. If I guess where one is or was I can get it to work, but it is really iffy. The smileys and other links on the posts are gone and other than the home page of the site everything is so hard to read, it is hard to tell what anyone has written.

Rose

19. Marc Well Known Member Member

If you are still getting that error, hit the refresh key. It should fix it. Otherwise, Mike - take a look at the settings and make sure that you haven't renamed or changed the folder name for images.

On another note, we should do a sort of "Picture Request" or "Site Request" so we can help Mike out easier. He could make a list of stuff he needs and we could see what we can do. :)

20. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

No, I haven't renamed any folders. I did install an "update" a week or so back from SMF - the forum software writers, but I'm not sure if thats the issue or its a server issue... Is anyone else still having this problem after doing the refresh?