Hey I got a bit of an algea problem Help

1. Fishnugget43 Member Member

I got some brown algae growing on the tips of my plants.
    and a lil on my filter...

Any one got any suggestions? thanks!!

2. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

How does it look like? If it looks like is like a fuzz is Brown Beard Algae and is basically a low level of co2 some people use Fluorish Excel injected into those areas with a turkey baster or syringe, Or get some Ottos they will get that out in no time.

3. click Well Known Member Member

I had the same problem, I went out and bought a clown pleco and now my plants are sparkling. The problem with plecos is that some like to eat algae some don't. I guess I got lucky. :rolleyes:

4. Fishnugget43 Member Member

my tank is only 16 gs what would work their?

5. click Well Known Member Member

Oh sorry, I didn't notice you only have a 16g.

I wonder if it's algae or diatoms. How much light do you have and how long is it on?

6. Borisbbadd Guest

Lucky is right,

I have a clown pleco, and I don't think he has any idea what algae is......:;dk

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello FishNugget. :animal0068: I have moved your thread to the "more aquarium freshwater topics/Algae" section of the forum to help you to get more responses.
    Aquarium Algae Control
    It sounds like your tank is dealing with Diatoms. You can remove it from your plants with your finger. It's very common in aquariums up to 1 year old and sometimes even longer. It will eventually go away on it's own.
    Ken