Hey I Am New And I Thought It Would Be A Good Idea To Start A Thread.

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by St3v3, Apr 16, 2019.

1. St3v3New MemberMember

Hey I'm new and I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread

2. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!!!

3. Cherie GValued MemberMember

Hi there & welcome! Tell us a little bit about yourself.

4. GuanchyWell Known MemberMember

hello! welcome to the Fishlore fam!

5. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

6. BruisesValued MemberMember

Hi, newbie here too! What's your setup like?

7. St3v3New MemberMember

I'm a highschool student I have 2 fish tanks one with a couple killifish and a crayfish and another with one fire mouth cichlid a gold gourami a bluegill sunfish and a pictus catfish I was thinking since I am interested in fish so I think this might be a good place to post and learn about fish

8. St3v3New MemberMember

Here's some images image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Of the some of my fish

9. St3v3New MemberMember

I'll soon take a couple pics of my killifish and crayfish tank

10. St3v3New MemberMember

My tropical tank is a not too large tank with a aqueon filter and some gravel my killi/ crayfish tank is a five gallon with playground sand and a plastic plant in it

11. St3v3New MemberMember

image.jpg Here's some pics of my crayfish and killifish tank

Attached Files:

12. St3v3New MemberMember

Speaking of the crayfish my crayfish just molted and I'm wondering if I should remove the old exoskeleton or would he eat his old exoskeleton to get the calcium for his new exoskeleton

13. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to fishlore!:). Yes he may eat that exoskeleton....after he eats those killifish :).

14. Dennis57Valued MemberMember

Welcome to fishlore

15. St3v3New MemberMember

Yeah I kept a couple crayfish before this one with fish I've had mixed expierience with crayfish compatibility the first one I kept spent most of his time just sitting around and never touched a fish unless the fish tried to take his hiding spot the second crayfish I had was crazy aggressive and tried to grab my fish by the fins.This crayfish I thought he might eat the fish but after a week or so with not one killifish eaten I just felt like it's been a whole week and this guy hasn't eaten one of the killifish If he hasn't eaten any of the killifish in an entire week he's probably not going to eat the killifish until they die by theirselves so now I have to now feed the killifish and the crayfish the one thing that surprised me was when I caught the killifish I split the killifish school in half I put half with the crayfish tank and the other half In with the tropical fish the half I put with the tropical fish tank got ridiculously beatup when the half I put with the crayfish remained unharmed when the killifish in the tropical tank mostly died out to the point where I just realized mixing killifish with the tropical fish was a fail while mixing the killifish with the crayfish was a success end result the killifish do better with the crayfish then they would with the tropical fish

16. SwlwsValued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore! I too have found success with mixing fish has mixed and often surprising results.