Hey I Am New And I Thought It Would Be A Good Idea To Start A Thread.

St3v3

Reaction score
Hey I'm new and I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread

OP
S

St3v3

Reaction score
Cherie G said:
HI there & welcome! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm a highschool student I have 2 fish tanks one with a couple killifish and a crayfish and another with one fire mouth cichlid a gold gouramI a bluegill sunfish and a pictus catfish I was thinking since I am interested in fish so I think this might be a good place to post and learn about fish

Here's some s
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Of the some of my fish

I'll soon take a couple pics of my killifish and crayfish tank

Bruises said:
Hi, newbie here too! What's your setup like?
My tropical tank is a not too large tank with a aqueon filter and some gravel my killi/ crayfish tank is a five gallon with playground sand and a plastic plant in it

image.jpg
Here's some pics of my crayfish and killifish tank

Speaking of the crayfish my crayfish just molted and I'm wondering if I should remove the old exoskeleton or would he eat his old exoskeleton to get the calcium for his new exoskeleton

Attachments

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to fishlore!. Yes he may eat that exoskeleton....after he eats those killifish .

OP
S

St3v3

Reaction score
86 ssinit said:
Welcome to fishlore!. Yes he may eat that exoskeleton....after he eats those killifish .
Yeah I kept a couple crayfish before this one with fish I've had mixed expierience with crayfish compatibility the first one I kept spent most of his time just sitting around and never touched a fish unless the fish tried to take his hiding spot the second crayfish I had was crazy aggressive and tried to grab my fish by the fins.This crayfish I thought he might eat the fish but after a week or so with not one killifish eaten I just felt like it's been a whole week and this guy hasn't eaten one of the killifish If he hasn't eaten any of the killifish in an entire week he's probably not going to eat the killifish until they die by theirselves so now I have to now feed the killifish and the crayfish the one thing that surprised me was when I caught the killifish I split the killifish school in half I put half with the crayfish tank and the other half In with the tropical fish the half I put with the tropical fish tank got ridiculously beatup when the half I put with the crayfish remained unharmed when the killifish in the tropical tank mostly died out to the point where I just realized mixing killifish with the tropical fish was a fail while mixing the killifish with the crayfish was a success end result the killifish do better with the crayfish then they would with the tropical fish

Swlws

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to Fishlore! I too have found success with mixing fish has mixed and often surprising results.

Moto5350Amberhondacrf450r

Reaction score
I am also new and seemed to have messed up everything and can't figure anything out. . My age says 49 which I'm not and I can't change it . I just wanna talk about fish lol

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Moto5350Amberhondacrf450r said:
I am also new and seemed to have messed up everything and can't figure anything out. . My age says 49 which I'm not and I can't change it . I just wanna talk about fish lol
Welcome to fishlore and it’s best to start your own thread .

New Threads