Hey guys im back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demontay1, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Demontay1

Demontay1 Well Known Member Member

Hey guys im back with good and bad news

Ill start with the bad news and its tge reason why i dropped off the forum for awhile.
    Ive been u dergoing alot of surgery and physio over the last couple of months due toi my accident and due toi the accident i have had too sell my gorgeous tank too pay my bills it killed me and i wish i could afford another one but unfortunately i cannot and australia doesnt have dollar a gallon sales god i wish they did

But on the good news is afyer i sold my tank i did buy a small 10 gallon tank and went out and bought a beautiful deep red betta who has been named gus by my beautiful partner haha and my cat loves too watch him also shes not the sorta cat who eats fish she learnt her lesson a few yrs back

I do want too ask a queastion but how do i stop my cat drinking gus's water she has her own bowl but prefers to drink from his tank even if i cover it she will still find a way to drink it i dont mind her doing it at all and am not worried about her eating him as she learnt her lesson a long time ago about eating my babies, but just want some hints and tips as i hate cleaning the fur out of his tank but it is a labour of love :)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

Welcome back!! I hope your recovery is quick!
    Answer: Put a top on it! That would be my first thought!

or....if you are feeling like the cat whisperer...you could sit there with a news paper and smack the table to make a loud noise.

3. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Haha if i put a tip on it she knocjs it off ive put his tank on ky kit hen bench bow hopegully tht will stop her as she knows shes not allowed on the bench

4. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Sorry for all your troubles, that really sucks :( Glad you decided to get back into fish keeping though!

Have you thought about getting something like a versa top? It's glass and sits on the inside rim, it'd be pretty hard for kitty to knock off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Ive never heards of a versa top ill habe too look it up :) cheers

Yea i couldnt not keep fish i would go insane without my babies they keep me sane :)

6. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

I hear ya, I've only been at it a few months but it would absolutely break my heart to have to get rid of everything. :) I love the versa tops, they're hinged which is nice, and kitty would really have to try to get it off since they recess in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Ill do the reserch tonight on these lids i canr wait to get a nice 55-70 gal aquarium again so i can get an angel fish

8. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Glad your back and doing better. Alison

9. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Do great news i mighy be getting a 3foot tank tonight

10. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Well the bloke lied too me about the tank and i already boight it grrr was supposed to be 3 foot but is only 2 1/2 foot

Ill be buyi g an angel fish for it i think and a school of rummy nose and maybe a corydora school not sure on exact stocking yet but i have it cycling now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice