hey guys any ideas for my new tank?

cutetravis

Reaction score
ive got a new 56 gallon tank, and i have no idea where to start, like im looking around for ideas on what kind of tank i could make it

heavily planted?
live rock?
minimal approach?
fish?
cichlids?
discus tank?
etc...

help!! give me some cool ideas, cos i know that all of you hav AWESOME tanks

this is my third tank now, i am absolutely hooked and im learning more and more every day

by the way, FISH TYCOON IS THE COOLEST GAME, IV BEEN PLAYING IT FOR 16 HOURS STRAIGHT NOW, CANT PUT IT DOWN, its sooo kewl

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
cutetravis said:
ive got  a new 56 gallon tank, and i have no idea where to start
I'd suggest to CYCLE it first !!! ;D

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
cutetravis said:
ive got a new 56 gallon tank, and i have no idea where to start, like im looking around for ideas on what kind of tank i could make it

heavily planted?
live rock?
minimal approach?
fish?
cichlids?
discus tank?
etc...

help!! give me some cool ideas, cos i know that all of you hav AWESOME tanks

this is my third tank now, i am absolutely hooked and im learning more and more every day

by the way, FISH TYCOON IS THE COOLEST GAME, IV BEEN PLAYING IT FOR 16 HOURS STRAIGHT NOW, CANT PUT IT DOWN, its sooo kewl
The first major decision is freshwater or saltwater. After the tank is cycled 56 gallons leaves alot of options open. The choice is really up to you, but if it were me I'd go with discus just because they're beautiful and I like them. I'm falling prey to MTS myself, and the first large tank I have space for will be a discus tank.

cutetravis

Reaction score
hahah yea thanks for that, i know i gotta cycle it, i made that mistake with my first tank lost about $100 worth of fish, but ive learnt since then.
yea im thinking a discus tank .. they have a beautiful display in my local fish shop.
any sugestions on what kind of environment discus fish like?
personally i like a well planted aquarium with lots of different colours and interesting plants, gives you something else to look at and look after other than your fish.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think a planted tank with discus would be cool, though you would have to dedicate a lot of time to it if you do high-tech planted and discus like really good water quality.

cutetravis

Reaction score
yea i agree, iv always like the heavily planted look
im also thinking of doing a malwai cichlids tank, theyv also got a really cool display of them at my local fish store....btw what does mts mean?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
multiple tank syndrome

cutetravis

Reaction score
hahhaha oh ok

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!