Hey Fish Friends!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Kortdizzy, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Kortdizzy

KortdizzyNew MemberMember

Hey fellow fish lovers! Im excited to be a part if this group and be able to benefit from the knowledge of you more experienced fish keepers out there. I staryed with a betta fish in a 10 gallon 6 months ago, and have since added live plants as well as RCS, ghost shrimp, nerite snails, African Dwarf frog, neon tetras, cory cats, and a bristlenose pleco. About 2 weeks ago we got a 55 gallon, to get the cory cats and pleco out of the 10 gallon and alleviate the bioload. We are currently cycling the 55 gallon with 7 new guppies and 2 female bettas. I cant wait to hear from everyone and share our experiences. Cheers!

2. cello

celloValued MemberMember

Hi and welcome!!!

I'm glad that you're getting a larger tank. You'll probably want to add more female bettas after cycling to alleviate aggression (so they don't pick on individuals as much). :)

3. Dawn Michele

Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!!!

4. OP
    OP
    Kortdizzy

Thank you for the welcome and feedback! We absolutely plan to get more once the tank is more established. They have such cute little personalities. Opal and Peaches will get some gal pals soon, but we have to get more corys first so our 2 arent lonely. We recently lost one and Im not sure why. The one Emerald is currently gilling very fast and seems stressed and is losing barbels.

5. OP
    OP
    Kortdizzy

Thank you! Im very excited to be a part of the group.