Hey Everyone!

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
what's up everyone?! I hope you all are doing well! Sorry, about my recent inactivity...life has been bussy...School winding down and all. But I figured I'd post an update of my fin Kids for everyone.

Sherlock- Is doing so much better...I bought some Tetracycline for him but havent used it yet. Instead it seems a low dosage of salt has been clearing up the problem quite nicely. And yes I know its salt and I know everyone views on it...just let me be.

Plato- still doing amazing he is the only betta so far to not have been sick a day in his life sence I got him...he has magic powers I swear lol.

Talia- She is starting to show the same symptoms as Sherlock and Quincey (RIP) did before he died. So I've already started a salt treatment on her. And like I said I have the tetracycline aside just incase.

Eli- Still growing...since I've been off he's molted once and is starting to again...hes abotu 5 inches long now lol.

Ghost and Oddessy are doing amazingly. I get the UV Sterlizing system for their tank at the end of the month...*yay!* But the tank is going along well with 4 day water changes to keep the algae down and the nitrates.

But as for them I'm doing ok...my migraines though have gotten much worse...I go back to the doctor on the 17th pray for me...I might have to under go a MRI to find the problem..if there is one...idk. Let me think...I think that is all for now. I won't be back on until maybe friday...or sunday...idk... I miss everyone and like I said I hope your all doing well. Leave me an update on this thread of your selfs to let me catch up!

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
<HUGS>
I hope things settle down and that you're migraine issues turn out to just be temporary stress or something like that and nothing serious.
<DOUBLE HUGS>

Job hunting up here and trying to stay dry. Lol. Wet and Snowy, the weather is off the wall right now.

Hope everything goes well and you're back soon

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My girlfriend gets insane headaches as well...I empathize for you. Shes seen nuerologists, had MRIs - nothing.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Glad to hear it's looking up for your fish. I really hope you get your headaches sorted too.

I bought more fish (surprise surprise!) and after my random tank illness spell, everyone left is doing fine. Had a busy week at work, but looking forward to some wine tomorrow night !!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Chris!!!!! We've missed you!!

Let us know how the doctor visit goes on the 17th.

You're in our thoughts.

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry to hear you have to go to the doctor on my birthday! lol. Glad most of your fish are doing ok. I'm hope telia and sherlock make it! My 20 gallon had a major problem with algae so i used some tetra algae control and it killed 1 cory and 3 platys. I think 3 platys are stable now. The otos and last cory seem to be very active.

Hope you feel better,
Mizz

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks everyone, yeah today after a 100% water change and some more salt Sherlock is looking nearly perfect his fins back fins look a little torn but other then that he is looking much better. And Talia unclinched her fins after a 100% water change with salt...so what ever it is apparently can not survive in salt so I guess its some type of bacteria or fungus. I still suspect red pest though....oh well so long as it clears up. I'll be back on later tonight I have water changes on my 10 gallon and 25gal to do...woo! Take care everyone.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yay!! It's all looking up for you. This is great news, I knew you could do it Chris, now it's just good luck for yourself I need to wish!

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
good to hear your updates headaches are just plain sucky....i hope you can find a way to calm them down. i recommend sitting in a dark room, maybe with a candle, for about 15 min and just have quiet and peace.....a bit of mind clearing.....and thinking good, happy thoughts. try this several times a week. when u don't have a headache that is. then when you do get one, remember how you felt in the dark, peaceful room. just a thought. what do u have to lose. feel better

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks...but I've tried that for over a month and still nothing....*sigh* Today however I had the largest scare I've had since getting back into fish keeping....So my Oranda Goldfish (Ghost) Decided to see what a cory cat tasted like...(I never thought she'd be able to catch one of them...) So she did...some how catch one..I got out of the shower this morning and saw her acting funny so I grabed my glasses and walked over to the tank and what do I see....the back fin of a cory cat sticking out of her mouth...and her trying to swallow it...I figured ok if she can get it down not much to worry about just don't feed her for a few days....but....she couldnt swallow the thing! It was to big to go all the way down. So here I am freaking out about to be late for school when I go grab a pair of pliers and reach into the tank and grab her. She doesn't fight back and seems really stressed out so I take the pliers and grab ahold of the little corys tail and pull...nothing happens....I pull again...and realize that the corys dorsal fin is cought in her mouth...So I managed to reach in and push the fin down and yank out the cory in one last pull.. So the cory doesn't have a tail Ghost looks fine and I leave for school, I couldnt be late. When I got home this after noon the cory is still doing fine a little beat up but ok, missing his little back fin so he doesn't swim that good. Ghost looks just as normal...I did a water change and cleaned up the tank real good and added a few new hidding places for the corys so they don't have to deal with Ghost...I'm just thankful everyone is ok.

Algae Eater

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I hope everythings turns out alright for you and your fishies!! I haven't been on in like a month until today, myself. Life gets busier when it gets warmer out!

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lol, Yeah tell me about it...this is my last week of highschool with graduation on the 27th things are crazy right now with final exams coming up!

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Big hugs C! I hope things settle down and those migraines stop

My 2 prize boys (breeder boys from Betty Splenden) are having some tail issues, they are all shredded up. So I'll be doing daily water changes for them, and also tomorrow I'm going buy a new tank so they can be in their own places.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sounds like a good plan! Did you get the tanks seeing tommrow is now today? lol

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads