Hey everyone

mikeyboy

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mike and i come from Portsmouth in the UK. ihave finally persuaded my lovely wife to let me keep some fish so i'm in the research time at the moment!!! I'm looking at a 29gallon tank with some basic easy to keep fish!!! Hope i will pick up some excellent tips from you 'professionals' out there!!!!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fish Lore You'll love our forum. One thing though: I personally am not a professional, lol, only a fervent fish hobbysit

mikeyboy

Reaction score
Professional or not you have much more experience than me so i'll be picking your brains a lot!!!!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! Hope you enjoy it here. I live in UK too.

There are many people on this forum of all different ages and all have different knowledge about fish. Everyone is very friendly and are happy to answer any questions you might have and give you advice. We will try our best to help give you the answers you need.

It's a good thing to research before buying anything.

I'm sure you'll fit right in here.

Gwenz

mikeyboy

Reaction score
Thanx gwenz...it's nice to know people are out there that are willing to help!!!

Thanx,
Mike.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome ti FishLore Mike!!
Carol

mikeyboy

Reaction score
Thanx Carol, nice to be here!! ;D

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
funny-- quite similar situation for me-- my boyfriend persuaded me to set up a fish tank-- and now i'm obsessed with the little buggers-- ;D you will find this site and the poeple very resourceful and fun!! LILA

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! I suggest you read the to get the basics, and then start looking on sites like www.liveaquaria.com and www.aquabid.com for fish ideas. The Live Aquaria site is one of the places I started at when I was new in the hobby. It gives you pictures to look at, and generally good information on the requirements of the fish. Once you decide what fish are going to be in your tank, then you try and find a local hobbyist or breeder close to you (if possible) to get the best fish. You can also ask your local fish store about adding special fish to their next order, so you don't get burned on shipping if you order the fish online yourself. Have fun with this and take your time. Once your tank is cycled, and you have all your fish and maybe live plants, you will realize how so worth it it's been to have patience and to go slowly. You will be hooked!

sasha

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello ppl us too are new to fishlore!
we think this a brilliant site as it covers pretty much everything you need and should know about fish, we are new to fishkeeping only started 4 months ago and found its the most addicted and rewarding hobby there is, and very tiring as we sit and gawk at our fish till one or two in the morning lol, we always say we"ll go to bed now, and an hour later were still watching fish.
by the way this seems to be the best site weve found so if its ok we"ll stick around and bend your ears about fish as weve bored our friends talking about fish only because they dont have any and dont know what there missing lol ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom