Hey everyone I am new to the forum and new to being a fish owner

smee82

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome. Be prepared to have a lot more fry soon.

OP
Jackymg22

Jackymg22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tell me about. I purposely bought all females to prevent that. Well little did I know the last two mollies I bought preggers. ‍♀

Casper&Mushu

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Jackymg22 said:
Tell me about. I purposely bought all females to prevent that. Well little did I know the last two mollies I bought preggers. ‍♀
Welcome. Well done with the molly fry! You have little babies and that’s something to be very proud of : )

Dezbian

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to owning fishies! How big is your tank buuuuday? And congrats on the molly babies watching them grown will be super rewarding.

OP
Jackymg22

Jackymg22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
20 gallons. Started looking for a bigger tank with stand but so hard to find the right one with the best reviews.

Dezbian

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so very proud that you are getting a bigger tank bc I was gonna say that's a little much for a 20 gal once they mature fully! What type of tank were you looking for?

OP
Jackymg22

Jackymg22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dezbian said:
I'm so very proud that you are getting a bigger tank bc I was gonna say that's a little much for a 20 gal once they mature fully! What type of tank were you looking for?
I had to run to petco and grab a 40 gallon tank stand and all the stuff. I set it up and let it run for 24 hours. I was getting ready to add ammonia to start cycling that tank when the baby fry net broke. The mollies were trying to eat them and I panic and throw the mollies into the 40 gallon tank. I know I can do a fish in cycle ( not a choice I would usually make but like I said I panic) obviously now my mollies are completely stressed out and not looking so hot. Help. Fry are all doing fine

Dezbian

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wait just to help more and get all the info you threw the Mollies Into a tank that only ran 24 hrs with no amonia to cycle?

Dezbian

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jackymg22 said:
I had to run to petco and grab a 40 gallon tank stand and all the stuff. I set it up and let it run for 24 hours. I was getting ready to add ammonia to start cycling that tank when the baby fry net broke. The mollies were trying to eat them and I panic and throw the mollies into the 40 gallon tank. I know I can do a fish in cycle ( not a choice I would usually make but like I said I panic) obviously now my mollies are completely stressed out and not looking so hot. Help. Fry are all doing fine
It's ok dont panic have you done a check on your water parameters?

Dezbian

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Alright buddy ok!it's ok! Dont freak out but go ahead and prepare yourself for possible lose of life just because of circumstances. Do you have any aquatic live plants available to put in the tank ? They take in all this stuff as nutrients. Also have you attempted a water change? I'd do about a 35% one daily until you can get those ppms back down to like .5 at least also do you have any products like prime or pristine?

OP
Jackymg22

Jackymg22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dezbian said:
Alright buddy ok!it's ok! Dont freak out but go ahead and prepare yourself for possible lose of life just because of circumstances. Do you have any aquatic live plants available to put in the tank ? They take in all this stuff as nutrients. Also have you attempted a water change? I'd do about a 35% one daily until you can get those ppms back down to like .5 at least also do you have any products like prime or pristine?
No live plants. I tried once in the 20 gallon tank and it made the water awful. I did do a water change added prime.

Dezbian

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok check amonia a little after a day so like 36 hours? And redose, you can use up to five times which I recommend as it has knocked out my spikes in like 2 days! It says you can redose every 48 hrs and whatever amonia hasnt been filtered out will be re released which is why I usually redose at a high volume then reg dose at 36 hours so the amonia catching doesnt stop till itsgone n

New Threads