Hey Everybody!

1. emanluke Member Member

I realized today that I haven't formally introduced myself on the forum. I've been hanging out on the forums, reading and learning.

Hi, I'm Ethan. I'm a college freshman, and also a freshman at fish-keeping! Currently I've got a three gallon tank with a guppy in it, but I'm in the process of cycling a ten gallon tank. I hope to get into some easy freshwater plants, as I really enjoy live plants anyway. I've got three java ferns in the 3 gallon, and I'm hoping to get some more low care plants for the ten gallon.

I've always wanted to keep fish, but never made the move to set-up a tank. Both of my parents kept fish, and we had a long tank (don't remember what size) whenever I was young. Whenever we made our first move, however, the fish couldn't adjust to the new tank's water. After that, they never set the tank back up.

It has been a tough battle being a poor college student and keeping up this hobby. I don't think I could let it go at this point though, as I am calmed and soothed every time I walk into my room and see Gealach (my turquoise guppy) and Dreamsicle (my orange shrimp) swimming around the tank.

I just wanted to post on here and thank all of those who have helped me through all I've been through.

2. Nate McFin Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the forum! Nice intro BTW!

3. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Welcome Ethan! With a little guppy like that, I'm not surprised you can't stop watching them! I hope the 10g goes OK for you, you can have so much more fun with it once it's ready. All we ask is that you post some pics to give us a look. Yes we're nosy, but I love seeing all the planted tanks and lovely little fish that everyone has! :;hi2

4. emanluke Member Member

Thanks! I'll definately be posting some pics. The only reason there aren't more pictures of my little 3 gallon is the um... green problem ;) I've got going on with it. There will be plenty of the 10 gallon once I get it all inhabited.

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore :)
    Hmmm, now I have the urge to go buy a blue guppy. lol
    Gealach is very pretty!

6. emanluke Member Member

Thanks! He has grown a lot since I took that picture. That was a couple of days after I bought him. His tail is probably about 1.5-2 times as big now.

7. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore, Ethan! I love the coloring of your guppy and his name!

8. emanluke Member Member

Thanks. The name is Gaelic for "Moon".

9. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore, have fun here.
    Your guppy loooks nice and healthy.

10. lorabell Well Known Member Member

hey there!!! and welcome!!!!

11. shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore :) where's the pic?I wanna see too :)

12. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore, Ethan! Nice intro indeed! :D Hope you'll be able to get your 10 gal soon. Good luck! :;hf

13. emanluke Member Member

The pics will be here soon! The tank water is starting to get cloudy in the cycling ten gallon, so I'm hopeful. I've given it a good dose of fish food for while I'm gone for Thanksgiving break, so hopefully it will be good and ready when I get back!

14. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:;hi1 Nice to meet you!