hex tank dimensions

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Does anyone know the dimentions of a 10 gallon hex?

The sides of this one are 7 inches. I'm using it to medicate a fish and need to be sure of the gallons.

Attachments

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I knew someone would ask that. I can't find the tape measure. I just remember that the sides are 7 inches from when I measured it the last time I tried to figure this out. Are you asking because you have a hex with 7 inch sides? That's good enough for me. How many gallons is yours?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
According to this site:
The dimensions are 14 x 12 x 18.

I stink at math so I hope that's what you're looking for.

There's a sticky in the equipment section of the forum that has links to sizes and weights.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
no, I don't have a hex, I was going to attempt to do the math lol

I know I've looked at 2 different hex tanks locally and both were custom builds.

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks Lucy

I looked at the links but I'm confused. How are there three measurments listed for a hex tank? It seems like a hex should just have two measurements: High and the length of one side. They don't really have a side-to-side and front-to-back measurment because all the sides are the same. It's like 20 or 21 inches tall and then all the sides are the same 7 inches. (It might be 7 1/4)

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
jetajockey said:
no, I don't have a hex, I was going to attempt to do the math lol

I know I've looked at 2 different hex tanks locally and both were custom builds.
Darn! Somebody out there in Fishlore land has to have this tank.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
suemvb said:
Thanks Lucy

I looked at the links but I'm confused. How are there three measurments listed for a hex tank? It seems like a hex should just have two measurements: High and the length of one side. They don't really have a side-to-side and front-to-back measurment because all the sides are the same. It's like 20 or 21 inches tall and then all the sides are the same 7 inches. (It might be 7 1/4)
Didn't make sense to me either but I figured what do I know about dimensions unless it's square or rectangle.

I would guess you'd measure at the top. The longest points front to back (width) and side the side (length) then of course height.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
guesstimating it to be 15 or so inches tall (guessing by the width of the panels turned sideways puts it around 10 gallons according to this site.

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
jetajockey said:
guesstimating it to be 15 or so inches tall (guessing by the width of the panels turned sideways puts it around 10 gallons according to this site.
I found a yard stick. 18.5 x 7 = 10.2 gallons

That site was perfect! Thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom