Here's my haul from the lfs :D

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yay, I went to the fishy store! First I browsed their fish. They had this fahaka puffer that I want so badly... when I put my finger to the glass she tried to bite it! Love at first sight right there. And then they had these figure 8s that were so so so so tiny and I just wanted to take one home sooooooo badly. So cute :'( And they had so many awesome fish. It was nuts. I went to the DP tank and picked out two (they didn't have many left). I'm not sure if they're male or female, it's too hard to tell, I think these ones are still too young. But there's one bigger one and one smaller one. Very very cute ;D I've decided one will be named Jesse, since that's a name that can be either male or female, haven't decided on the second one yet, but it obviously has to be from the same theme. I'm thinking Maria or Mariah, or Cambria, maybe Chase (since that can be male or female also). We'll see. Then on to the bettas.... they have the most gorgeous bettas. Oh my goodness. Red dragons, plakats, butterflies, fancy halfmoons.... they had this blue and white marble HM that I liked. Unfortunately their two black plakats didn't look so hot. Not bad or sick or anything, but not great. But then the white plakat had a nice little bubblenest going on. So of course he came home with me! He seems to be a very sweet boy. So, that's my adventure! And now for the pics! Puffers first, then bettas in next post....

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also got 3 more nerite snails to help with the awful algae problem in the 80g.

And please forgive how awful the tannins make my pictures look He's really a pure bright white...

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh they're all so CUTE!!!
I love your new white boy Pink!
and of course Jesse and "James" look amazing
lol James isn't really sexless but the combo would be too cute

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Haha red. Well, too bad that doesn't fit with my theme, as all of their names are from the same story My dad says I should name the betta Moby Dick lol

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey pink Congrats on your new fishies! I am so happy for you I am busy tonight treating my sick fishie and transfering fish into other tanks but I wanted to pop onto the forum for a second and see what you got. I hope you enjoy your new babies!

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey pink Congrats on your new fishies! I am so happy for you I am busy tonight treating my sick fishie and transfering fish into other tanks but I wanted to pop onto the forum for a second and see what you got. I hope you enjoy your new babies!
Aw thanks deary! You're a sweetie. Good luck with your fishies! My new kids are doing wonderful.

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The white betta is still being as kind as can be. What a sweetheart. But he is starving!!!!! You'd think he hadn't seen food for days! Lol Gimme food! gimme food!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Awww I am so glad they are all doing well Poor little betta, you need to fatten him up. Well that shouldn't be too hard

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Lol, just look at Volta ;D

She's quite a chubby thing (ok, not so much in this pic, but I swear she is lol)

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Not to chubby in that pic, but I'm sure she is in person She is such a cutie If you ever had the time to do it, she and Winter would have pretty babies

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh, I wanted to. But I have seen what they do when they get together.... Volta flares like mad and Winter runs away and hides..... they're both a bit gender confused and so I don't think it'd ever happen. But I love them both so much and having their babies with me would be so much fun. Oh well.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hehe. You gotta love the wimps
Nighthawk is so tough till you show him a mirror. Then he flees in terror. But my VT boys, they make flaring an Olympic spot.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom