Important Here's how my day has been going :(

PenguinTetra38

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
This is a summary of my day so far. Today my super red bristlenose pleco and my dwarf petricola catfish decided they didn't want to share a cave anymore. They've brawled 5 times that I've seen and probably many more times that I haven't seen. To make matters worse it appears they are inflicting wounds on each other! My dwarf petricola has a rip in his dorsal fin and it looks like one of my plecos fins is bloody. I'm gonna try to convince my dad to take me to Petco ASAP because I don't want them to get hurt anymore. Has something like this ever happened to you? Do you have any suggestions? Should I separate them into different tanks? (I'd have to set up my QT). Do you think that they'll ignore a new cave or end up both going for it? THX for reading I will send updates if anyone is interested. (I put in an algae wafer to distract the pleco.)

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
PenguinTetra38 said:
This is a summary of my day so far. Today my super red bristlenose pleco and my dwarf petricola catfish decided they didn't want to share a cave anymore. They've brawled 5 times that I've seen and probably many more times that I haven't seen. To make matters worse it appears they are inflicting wounds on each other! My dwarf petricola has a rip in his dorsal fin and it looks like one of my plecos fins is bloody. I'm gonna try to convince my dad to take me to Petco ASAP because I don't want them to get hurt anymore. Has something like this ever happened to you? Do you have any suggestions? Should I separate them into different tanks? (I'd have to set up my QT). Do you think that they'll ignore a new cave or end up both going for it? THX for reading I will send updates if anyone is interested. (I put in an algae wafer to distract the pleco.)
I would just take out the two bully fish and do a rescape. "reset" their territories

OP
PenguinTetra38

PenguinTetra38

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I put in a new cave made from a terracotta pot and the pleco seems to like that one more than the old cave. I also moved many of the fake plants around. Their aggression seems to have stopped for now. I will continue to monitor the situation.

New Threads