Here is my family 300 liters(approx.80 gal) tank.

VietnamMinh

Reaction score
Here is a picture of our tank.
20200324_102850.jpg

Fish include 8 mollies; 4 clown loaches; 2 redtail sharks; 1 rosy barb; 1 eartheater cichlid,1 upside down catfish and 2 small iridescent shark.
Plants include golden anubias, roundleaf anubias, sword plants, brazillian pennywort cabomba and a red plant that I don't know its name.
I use dead coral as rocks ;coral sand for substrate and seashells as decorations.
The light is a 20 watt white LED. Here are the pump and the filter box:
20200324_164520.jpg
20200324_164533.jpg

Here is the bubbler
20200324_164540.jpg
20200324_164545.jpg

Any advice on our tank? (I'm 16 yrs old from Vietnam)

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like you're off to a good start.
Eventually the Iridescent Sharks will outgrow the tank, so keep that in mind.
Using dead coral, shells & oceanic sand will harden & elevate the PH of the water. Research fish that are compatible with your water parameters.

OP
VietnamMinh

VietnamMinh

Reaction score
They are all healthy. Surprisingly there has been no disease appeared for the last 2 years.

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know I'm pretty late here, but I would keep in mind that the iridescent sharks will very likely outgrow the tank, as they can get to 4 feet as adults and prefer groups of 4 or 5. I would also consider expanding your school of rosy barbs, as they will be much more comfortable in schools of 5+.

Aquascape wise I would recommend getting some taller plants to put in the back to add a little dimension and fill out the middle and upper parts of the tank a bit more. They would also provide some hiding spaces for your smaller fish in case any larger fish happen to feel like chasing them about for a bit.

Also, I can't see your red plant in the picture, but it may be ludwigia. Mine has leaves that are green on top and red on bottom, so I don't know if that describes yours or not. I must add that I'm impressed by how clear your water is, good job on that!

OP
VietnamMinh

VietnamMinh

Reaction score
In my opinion,Iridescent shark grows slowly and if you fed it with sufficent amount, not too much, they won't grow too fast.
Also, some pennywort has been floatong, thanks to the eartheater, but it is not a problem.
The rosy barb is the last one that survive in my tank. Now it's usually follow mollies.

New Threads