Here goes nothing!

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by brodylane1122, Jan 3, 2013.

1. brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

Well, I've decided to build my 55 gallon stand. So here's the start! Hope to post pictures of it finished in the next couple of weeks!

wood.jpg

I've taken ideas for the stands from several different youtube tutorials on DIY stands.

Any advice would be fine and dandy.

2. beginnerValued MemberMember

holy moly. are you using 2x8s? and 2x6's? are those scews #10 torq's head?

3. brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

No, I am using 2x4's and 2x6's. Not sure about the screws. But they were recommended by my helpful hardware guy.

4. EthanWell Known MemberMember

if you have enough screws,super glue and duct tape. 2x4's can hold anything :D

5. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

So true! But unless you find initial appearance to matter little it is best to hold off;D

6. EthanWell Known MemberMember

well my motto is if other people don't like it well that is there fault :p

7. brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

Here's the progress so far. Will be finishing it tomorrow. It is on its side and it is more square than it looks in the pic. For some reason it looks all out of whack in the picture, but it's not. It doesn't quite sit right as I believe the boards on bottom are a little bowed. But the top is level and flat. My hardwood floors are so unlevel anyways that it's going to get shimmed like crazy, so the the wobbliness will go away!
    stand.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice