Hemmorhagic Scepticemea

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I seem to have some rasboras that were wiped out by a hemmorhagic illness. Right now I am worried about the other fish in the tank. I have bronze cories, a clown plecco, and 2 GBR what do I do to keep the other fish safe? Should I dose the tank with kanamycin or another medicine?

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TexasDomer said:
What makes you think it was hemorrhagic septicemia?

What are the water parameters? pH, temp, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates
I am guessing that it was scepticemea based on it looks like the fish was bleeding from various parts, especially the stomach and anus. The rasboras have been appearing very red. The first picture is after 24 hours of him getting sick. The second is when I first noticed his symptoms. I posted in fish diseases but it doesn't get the same amount of traffic.

I just did a water change so water parameters should be good. I am not home to check right now, but the temp is 80 and the water is a bit hard, about 12 degrees. I will update tonight when I get home.
20180512_183015.jpg
20180512_143435.jpg

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok I am looking into the parameters and here is what I measured. Ammonia is high, 0.25 to 0.5 but I account this to not being able to find my rasbora this morning and now that his tank mates completely ate him. Nitrites are 0, nitrates are also high at about 20 ppm, pH is 7.8. Temp is 80. The GH is 8 and the KH is 2.

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TexasDomer said:
Keep up with water changes to get that ammonia down.

How's he doing?

Do you have a QT tank?
Hi, the water parameters were back to normal after 24 hours. I put 2 drops of prime in as I did not have time to complete a water change and by the time I went to do it my BB had taken care of the spike. I lost all of the rasboras. the rest of the fish in the tank look fine (GBRs, Clown Pleco and 3 bronze corydoras). My biggest concern is that I don't know what caused it and if it is still in the tank. I have been watching my long fin cories and their dorsal fins are a little bit tattered, but they do seem to be healing. They seem to cycle with perfectly fine and slight tatters. not sure what might be causing that, but they are quite happy and have been gobbling up cut up shrimp happily.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It wouldn't hurt to do multiple water changes per week for the next few weeks to help their fins heal.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom