Hemigraphis

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Gourami-28, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Gourami-28

Gourami-28 Valued Member Member

Hi guys, yesterday i bought a new plant named hemigraphis for my aquarium from the store and now i just googled it's name to see how to care for it but there is lots of articles that say hemigraphis is not an aquatic plant and it wont last long under water, so what should i do?[​IMG]

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Take it out before it dies and or starts rotting.

3. BigDogGR

BigDogGR New Member Member

Where did you buy the plant

4. M

Manoj Arora Valued Member Member

You should go back to the shop and get it changed. The shopkeeper will probably agree as you have a genuine reason

5. OP
    OP
    Gourami-28

Gourami-28 Valued Member Member

They didnt agree with me and he said it is an easy plant for aquarists anyway i can take it out and put it in soil maybe

6. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

maybe a small glass bowl with some water and gravel, it should grow in there.

7. Monrankim

Monrankim New Member Member

I just don't understand why they sell non aquatic plants as aquatic. They got me like that once except mine was a full terrestrial plant! It was Petco. I just put it in a flower pot in my backyard and I'm still growing it. If what you have there is a semi aquatic or bog plant, people have grown them in HOB filters with rock wool or a coarse substrate so water could pass through it. All you would need is a desk lamp with a decent CFL bulb in it aimed at it.

8. M

Manoj Arora Valued Member Member

Yeah I think that will the best possible way

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice