Helping A New Aquarist

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Connor_, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Connor_

Connor_ Valued Member Member

Is there list of threads that I could send to someone for the basics of fishkeeping?

2. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Do you need help or are you trying to help someone else? Sorry, I'm not really catching what you're saying. :)

3. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

Here is a good link to give them: 

4. OP
    OP
    Connor_

Yeah I'm trying to help my father who is just starting out. Rather than trying to explain every little thing I thought this would be a better option. Apologies if it was worded poorly. Haha

5. OP
    OP
    Connor_

Thanks

6. FishL:))

No problem!! :) It depends on what fish you both decide to get. Do you know what you might be wanting?

7. OP
    OP
    Connor_

I've been keeping fish for a while and I have a few tanks, I'll help him with stocking and such but I just wanted to send him a few links so he can learn the basics like the nitrogen cycle, and basic maintenance, ALOT easier then me having to explain everything.

8. FishL:))

Good for him! :) Yes, I would totally agree, that would be a lot of blame explaining
    Good for him! :) Yes, I would agree, that would take a lot of explaining! Especially the nitrogen cycle( it took me awhile to figure it out whenI was a beginner:) ) Does he have any ideas of what fish he wants to start out with yet?

9. OP
    OP
    Connor_

I'm not really sure what he wants to keep, but I'm really gonna try to help but not completely take over it haha.

10. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Have him go to the original home page of just www.fishlore.com

There are a bunch of articles in the links on that first page that help out with all the basics.

11. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

Just have him make his own profile for here :)

12. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

However don't look at the profiles since many of them, sadly, have wrong information :)

If you want information about fish I suggest Fishbase.se, Seriously Fish, and Planet Catfish! There are other reliable websites but these 3 are great to start with

Also tell him that if he has any questions just post it and we will help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice