help!

lolagurl

Reaction score
my two male fancy guppies. I never noticed before, but they are not totally linear when I look at them. they seem kinda very minimal tilted. not like swimming sideways, but just when I look at their heads theyre not perfectly straight I don't notice this unless I look at them very closely. are guppies kinda tilted, like I say before its really minimal but I noticed it when I looked closely at them today. my molly is perectly aligned with the water anyone know?

OP
L

lolagurl

Reaction score
Re: help! guppies

I would really like to know..maybe if you guys could look at your guppies and see if they are a little slanted a tiny bit, or if they are perfectly straight. I really like these guppies and am really paranoid

FishPirateL337

Reaction score
Hmm...Hmm...yes...I've noticed my smaller fish do that when they are in the current of a filter.
Maybe it's as simple as that, maybe not. Are they showing any signs of illness?
Turn your filter off and look again. Maybe it is that simple. I hope so.

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
My guppies are all over the place! Even swim in one spot in a vertical position. I've just been to have a look at mine but they are all lying on the bottom ( night time here in UK and they always rest after lights out!) Mine do spend hours swimming in the flow of the filter and air stone so they can look tilted. May well be that!

OP
L

lolagurl

Reaction score
ok thanx guys I think that's it. they're as active as ever playing with swimming around pickin at the bottom, I think it is the filter..thanks aagain. it reassures me though what you guys said

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
you are welcome.
I am learning myself so I understand how much the smallest bits of advice or support mean when we are worried about our pets. I'm sure you will help me out one day too. Isn't this site fab?!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea, I think they sound fine. you know you love your little fish buddies when you worry about the little things. I think that's a feeling we all can relate to.

uprightandlocked

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You also know you love them when you start talking about their poop. Seriously. I might as well have a newborn at home. I found myself discussing fish poop with my fish-sitter the other day. Wow.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
uprightandlocked said:
You also know you love them when you start talking about their poop. Seriously. I might as well have a newborn at home. I found myself discussing fish poop with my fish-sitter the other day. Wow.
lol.. there's a thread we had going not long ago all about fish poop.

FishPirateL337

Reaction score
uprightandlocked said:
wow, you have a fish-sitter?
that is love, or something...

uprightandlocked

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
FishPirateL337 said:
uprightandlocked said:
wow, you have a fish-sitter?
that is love, or something...
Yes, I do! I am a flight attendant and leave for four days at a time. So, my cousin comes over and feeds the fish every day and medicates their tanks for me. It also gives her a chance to escape the family and she has full reign of my apartment. Not a bad gig, if you ask me!

FishPirateL337

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense. Just the idea of needing one caught me crooked. In your case, I can see the need.
I apologise for not thinking it through, before I said something. Just bored I guess. Not even sure why I bothered.

<thumbs-up>

New Threads