Help!!!

Alienator064

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
One of my pristella tetras in my small tank is acting strange and looks strange. it twitches a a lot. it also has a red dot, looks albino (though earlier when it was fine it didn't) and is very skinny around the pectoral fin, in front of the pelvic fin.

what is happening. I am and I need help. x

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good. Um, when you say it looks albino, do you mean its colors are washed out? I believe (not sure) that is a sign of stress. Where is the red dot on it? To me, it kind of sounds like maybe a parasite or something. I hope someone who knows more about tetras can help you. It might help if you could post a picture though.

Alienator064

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Charlemagne said:
Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good. Um, when you say it looks albino, do you mean its colors are washed out? I believe (not sure) that is a sign of stress. Where is the red dot on it? To me, it kind of sounds like maybe a parasite or something. I hope someone who knows more about tetras can help you. It might help if you could post a picture though.
sorry I couldn't get a picture of it. it is hiding. the colors washed out yes, and the red dot is right under the pectoral fin.

Alienator064

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ACTUALLY I just found out that it is not an x-ray or pristella tetra, it is a red bellied (lol wonder where the red dot came from) x-ray tetra

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads