HELP!

jenniwren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I posted under cories but im getting no quick responses and im worried..... :'(I just looked into my 10 gallon tank and one of my cories is dead!!!! Sad He looked funny.. so when i took him out i checked him out. it almost looked like his intestines were red... something inside was dark red? I have 2 small angels and 2 small platys in with my cories... would one of the angels beat him up? Ive watched the angels carfully for the past few days to see if there were any problems but nothing.. my readings are Ammonia=O Nitrite=O and Nitrate is zero... wierd! anything will help.. i just did a 25 percent water change a few days ago.. maybe thats why there is no nitrate..Huh?
Thanks in advance.. Jenn Cry

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I dont think the angels would bother the cories. I read that they can live toghether. What do you feed to them?

jenniwren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
the cories? i usually give my platys and angels flakes occasional freezedried bloodworms and the cories either eat the algae/left over flakes or i give them sinking pellets (tetra min variety wafers).. thanks for responding i just dont want to loose anymore they are one of my favorites.. they are albino btw.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm stumped. What I am going to do is give you a link which should help you diagnose the problem.

I hope this will give some help.

jenniwren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i checked my ph (got the kit second hand ) it was high.. higher than 7.4... would this have anything to do with it? I believe that your not supposed to use up or down ph chemicals.. i have driftwood which would lower ph but they are still relising tannins ( turn my water dark) one of my other cories has a black spot under the skin but it looks like some organ because they are so light in color. Thanks for the link but i still dont know.. if you or anyone else has any info i would greatly appreciate it.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do another 25% water change today, stats are ok so he had some sort of disease probably. Check all links in the sticky in this board. If you can't find out what it is and if nobody else has any idea I would buy some maracyn 1+2 and keep it handy and as soon as the fish start showing signs of distress treat them with it since it treats quite a few diseases, that's of course if you can't find anything and nobody else can help.

jenniwren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
could it be im over feeding? it doesnt look like any parasite or anything.. maybe constipated?

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That could be it. Its intestines are probably filled. I don't know if you would want to dissect to find out? That would be the only way to find out the problem.

jenniwren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i fed my cories last night and one got the same dark color.. i think ive been feeding to much!!!! im soo sad... so im going to cut back. ive thought about it and i realize ive probably fed too much.. :'(

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry bout him passing away. I dont think over feeding is what got to him though. Do you think his intestine was blocked?

jenniwren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
maybe constipation? ???

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah kinda like that.I heard that if an animals intestines are blocked they can die from it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom