Help!

lexiiii

Reaction score
Can someone please help me i’m desperate. my betta male has had fin rot for months and nothing is helping and i’m slowley seeing his fins get worse and worse. i did salt treatments three times. i’m using good water conditioner and got seachem. his tank is heated to a consistent warm temp and i have cleaned it frequently. i haven’t overfed, had any sharp or dangerous items in the tank and nothing seems to be helping

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
lexiiii said:
Can someone please help me i’m desperate. my betta male has had fin rot for months and nothing is helping and i’m slowley seeing his fins get worse and worse. i did salt treatments three times. i’m using good water conditioner and got seachem. his tank is heated to a consistent warm temp and i have cleaned it frequently. i haven’t overfed, had any sharp or dangerous items in the tank and nothing seems to be helping
Do you know you water perameters ? Do you have water test kit?

OP
L

lexiiii

Reaction score
no i can’t afford them. i have changed his water and cleaned his tank and it’s still not getting better

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
lexiiii said:
no i can’t afford them. i have changed his water and cleaned his tank and it’s still not getting better
Do you use declorinator in water?
How big is tank?
Does it have filter?
What percent water change how often di you do?

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
lexiiii said:
Ps do you gravel vac? If the bottom of tank is collecting poo and old food and never vacced or cleaned will lead to spike in nitrates that are not good for fish.

If you over clean tank it can not build beneficial bacteria to fully cycle your tank through the nitrogen cycle.

Do you know what the cycle is?

OP
L

lexiiii

Reaction score
yes i decolorinate
the tank is 5 gallons and i have sponge filters i recently took out because i was worried it was causing stress. i change around 20-50 percent of the water a week

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
lexiiii said:
yes i decolorinate
the tank is 5 gallons and i have sponge filters i recently took out because i was worried it was causing stress. i change around 20-50 percent of the water a week
You need the filter. I have sponge filter on both my betta tanks. That has all your beneficial bacteria that helps with cycle. And never wash filter in tap water. Use bowl of tank water to not kill BB.

I fear your tank is not cycled

New Threads