Help!

DGLYT

Reaction score
So a few days ago I noticed that 2 of my plaited have white lumps on the lower lips. That are both eating fine and acting normally but I’m still worried. I google it and I thinks it’s mouth fungus or something but I don’t know what to do. I have 9 adult platies, 2 baby’s in a baby tank that is inside the main tank, 4 neon terras and 3 shrimps. I don’t have a hospital tank to quarantine the sick fish and don’t k is what to do. Please help. Here’s a picture of the fish that’s the most I’ll.

Attachments

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It looks like cotton mouth (Columnaris) which is a bacteria, the best way to treat is to add 2 tablespoon of salt to every gallon of water. The shrimps will probably die but it will treat your fish and stop. Or you could use API General cure if you have a LFS of petsmart near by

OP
DGLYT

DGLYT

Reaction score
I have an 80 litre tank and with it being 5 litres in a gallon. That would be 32 tablespoons of salt and that seems like a lot.

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Although it does seem like a lot that’s accurate. I would add the salt into a large cup of tank water and disolve it first

OP
DGLYT

DGLYT

Reaction score
CichlidJynx said:
It looks like cotton mouth (Columnaris) which is a bacteria, the best way to treat is to add 2 tablespoon of salt to every gallon of water. The shrimps will probably die but it will treat your fish and stop. Or you could use API General cure if you have a LFS of petsmart near by
I have an 80 litre tank and with it being 5 litres in a gallon. That would be 32 tablespoons of salt and that seems like a lot.

New Threads