help

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not a life threatening matter I would suppose as I have seen them do just fine in bowls, but they are like most aquatic life and do produce ammonia so they would probably appreciate the cleaner and fresher water. Frequent water changes in a bowl will keep them going though.

Rose

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was just wondering because I believe that the tank that I have my snail in right now is malfunctioning and I don't want something to happen to him so I thought about moving him to a regular bowl until after I move and could get him another tank.

I would certainly keep up on the water changes!!!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know how sensitive snails are to ammonia, but they do produce massive amounts of waste. The ammonia would build up really fast in an unfiltered bowl. I would never keep a snail without a filter. Of course, I don't think your snail will die of a temporary filter malfunction. Just get a new one if it doesn't work and do lots of water changes in the mean time.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have seen pretty big bowls and those with fairly straight sides.  If this is the case there are small tank filters that would be very inexpensive and I have used one that is excellent.  It is the easiest to set up and run and change media in and does not take up space in the bowl.  Here is the link and it is really neat there is even a small light you can get for the bowls.  You can make a nice sized bowl just like a small sized tank and it is beautiful. 

Rose

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8154&rel=1   [the purple palm light is the one for the bowls but it comes in the other colors]

I hope this helps.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hmm, pretty sweet.
Don't tell my parents, but I'm getting ideas for a mini invert tank. ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom