HELP!!!

angelshark

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a rainbow shark which is about 3.5 inches in length, howeverthe other night it got attacked and now is missing an eye, it is hanging off its head. it has not eaten all day and now is resorting to its cave and wont come out. what can i do to fix the problem???? should i put in a seperate tank? thanks

not4you

Valued Member
Reaction score
If you have a quarantine tank available go ahead and move it there. Aside from quarantining the fish I can't provide anymore help. Hang in there, others will help you out.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
First up, get that Redtail out into a quarantine tank asap..if no extra tank, try using the biggest container you have..make sure you have air going into it and for his sake, you might want to put the cave-ornament it's most comfortable in..as far as the rehabilitation process, it's going to be touch and go initially, depending on how badly traumatized he is..there are meds that might help and I'm hoping other Fish-Lore folk with more Redtail experience weigh in on which meds are best..the million dollar question though is, what did you have him sharing a tank with?..because the injury you're describing is leaning close to the worst case scenario of several sharks in the same tank fighting for turf..please say it ain't so.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Isolate the fish and do daily 50% water changes.
Keep what ever you are keeping it in dark and avoid messing with it as much as possible.

Hope this helps,
Dino

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom