Help?? Help

Discussion in 'Ghost Shrimp' started by Fancyfins, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Fancyfins

Fancyfins Valued Member Member

So I came home, and I find my shrimp hunched over, it looks like she’s stuck, but I don’t know.. her little, feet? Swimmers? Keep moving, but she’s going nowhere. Is she stuck? Should I gently move her? Is she molting? Sorry, this has never happened to me before... I have pictures, though. IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0611.JPG Any help is appreciated!!

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, I don’t keep ghosts but when my Cherry shrimp do that it’s usually because they’re about to moult, hang on for other opinions

3. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Okay, that’s a relief... she hasn’t molted yet since I got her also, but I only got her on Saturday... hopefully it’s just molting..

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

I remember when I had ghost shrimp they did do that before molting. I also saw a video on one molting and they do this.

5. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

I agree. My ghosts did the same thing

6. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

I think she’s molting now, she’s SLOWLY squeezing her body out of the shell, actually, that’s a confirmation, she IS molting. I can see her body inside of the shell.

7. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Awesome! Its amazeing to watch

8. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

AND now my Betta is ripping one of my other shrimp apart!!!!!!

9. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, my ghosts do this too.

10. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Well, I just hope my Betta won’t attack the big shrimp while it doesn’t have it’s shell...

11. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Quick question, how long does it usually take for a shrimp to molt? Also, I’m planning on starting to cycle a small tank and use a breeder box for my shrimp now. I don’t want any more losses...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice