HELP!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Last night I noticed that one of my corries was floating upside down on the surface, he was still alive because I tapped the glass a few times to make sure. :-\ I tasted the water and everything was fine. Ammonia - 0, NitrIte - 0, PH - 6.8, NitrAte - 10. I then put some Melafix in just in case and decided that I'd wait and see what would happen in the morning and went to bed (it was 11:00pm). I got up this morning to find him dead. :'( Anyone know what was wrong with him? Is it contageous?

The one cory I have left is as active as ever but looks lonely as he keeps swimming to the side where he can see my 15gal and all the fish in there. I'm not going to buy more corries as they are £5 each. Do you think it would be OK to put him in the 15gal until his tank is cycled, because if you ask me my Q tank has something agaist me (I know sounds wierd ), but every fish that has been in there so far has died, and I don't want this one last cory to die too. What do you think? Could I put him in the 15gal? ???

Thanks

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If he has been in there for a while, which I believe you have had the cories for a while now and is showing no sign of disease, there should be no reason he couldn't go into the big tank and then you can give the q tank a good cleaning before using it again.  That is what I would do anyway.  If others have a different opinion, they can give it. 

I am so sorry about your Cory, dear.  :'(   I know you have had a terrible time with your fish, but please do not give up.  You will find the right mix I just know you will.

Ask at a fish store what fish do well for them and come home and research them and do some testing on your tap water right out of the tap before you add anything to it.  Then if you could post the results.  The pH sounded a little acidic and maybe while it was not bad, there are some delicate little fish that do not do well in it.  That could be the reason that the people told you that Bettas do not survive in the water there.  I can researc any fish you would like me to if you do not have time or you can just type the fish into the Google on the computer for most of them and see if your water parameters will be okay.

I am so very sorry though that you are having all this trouble and that your little cory died.   :'(

Rose
:'(

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose. You're always a great help.

In another post, Butterfly said that I should leave him in the Q tank as he has been in a tank with a fish that died, so I'm not sure what to do. ??? :-\ I'm leaving in the Q tank for now as I'm going on holiday tomorrow and so I don't want anything to happen while I'm away. :-\ My mums friend is comming over to feed my fish while I'm away, and I told her what to do yesterday when she came over, so hopfuly everything will be fine.

The one Cory I have left (Mo) is quite active, but does seem a little lonely as he stares out of the side of the tank where he can see the other fish in my 15gallon tank. When I sit near the tank he'll swim all over the tank. I'll probably move him to the 15gallon when I come home from holiday.

I was thinking, now that I have one less fish I will have more room in the 7.5 gal when I set it up. I will only have 1 corry and 1 Dwarf gourami which only makes about 4.5 inches of fish. Do you think I could put anything else in there with them? What do you think?

Thanks Rose.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It won't hurt him to be alone for a bit and the relief you'll feel when he comes out of quarantine ok will be great
Maybe another couple of corys would be good for the 7.5(we know corys like the company of their own kind). Then the gourami can have all the top part of the tank for himself Will be a beautiful tank.
Enjoy your holiday and relax!!!! See you when you get back.
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've just come back feom holiday and all is well with the tanks and fish. ;D My mums friend came over twice while we were away and seems to have looked after them well.

I might get some more corries but not sure they are quite expensive around where I live and I don't have much money at the moment :-\ (spent most of it while on holiday. ).

Thanks again

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom