help!!!

1. Jren

Jren Valued Member Member

hi, just started an aquarium and realised that i did not dechlorinate water before adding starter bacteria solution. also, got a new air pump with twin outlets and i wud like someone to recommend me if i shud use single or twin, at which power. i have a 20+ gallon aquarium :)

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Do you have fish in the tank? What kind of bacteria supplement are you using? What kind of filter do you have? If it's an HOB, I would think a single should suffice. And what's a 20+ gallon tank?

3. OP
    OP
    Jren

no fish yet! i added "special blend" by microbe life (which smells like btw). i have 2 filters.. one is a canister filter and the other just a normal sponge filter. whats HOB? and my tank is 90 litres so im not sure how many gallons that is but i do know 20 gal is 75L so i put 20+ hehe...

4. el337

Ah, I see. Ok, a little over 20 gallons so I see what you mean. lol

I don't really know much about the Microbe Life but I'd think it's ok that you didn't add the dechlorinator.

HOB is a hang on back filter.

5. OP
    OP
    Jren

not really sure whats that so i went to google it. its those fountain type of filters that created a waterfall right? nope i dont have that. i have a canister filter and some other one which i will take a picture and upload in awhile

6. el337

Yes, they hang on the rim of the tank and the water flows out of the output. Personally, I'd think you have enough aeration from the sponge filter since I think it creates bubbles up to the surface and from the spray bar from the canister if you have it.

7. OP
    OP
    Jren

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

first and third pics are of one filter and the 2rd pic is the canister filter.

i didnt use the spray bar because i felt that there was no need to haha