Help!

1. Skyy2112 Member Member

Update;;;

[​IMG]

This is the new tank. Already swapped the AC50 over to start cleaning the tank.

[​IMG]

This is the old 20.

As said, shrimp moving from 20H to 20L.

I am keeping both filters in it, and all the stuff, basically, keep me entertained every once and a while. Is there a good way to move shrimp? Netting ideas? We have tons of shrimplettes. Way more than we thought possible.

Already moved two driftwoods, been snail checking, removed two dozen.

Should we keep the trumpets? We kinda like those, definitely pulling the pond snails. (Obviously keeping the 3 horned Nerites.)

Doing new gravel but keeping the filters, should I add TSS?

I will be asking aquascaping ideas, ask for whatever photos you'd like to see, or any questions ask!

-Sky, and a bit of Koda

2. Skyy2112 Member Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skyy2112 Member Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Nice!

5. Skyy2112 Member Member

Thanks Tex! I'm super excited, finally happy with this stock. =] hoping the black substrate will help them color up a bit. Probably gonna cull shrimp in a few months. Looks like my clear/orange (rili?) is pregnant again. Should be interesting to see that!

I've seen a lot of shrimp piggybacking eachother, is this normal? What are they doing? (They are super little)

Also happy I split plants based on their species, they look tons better this way. =] any carpeting plants for a no pressurized co2 tank? I do liquid co2/ferts on the rec dose, (still dialing it in)

Hopefully we got rid of the snails!

6. Skyy2112 Member Member

[​IMG]

Koda is rescaping our 40 rockwall breeder.

[​IMG]

Heres her progress!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

our main tank, and our betta tank

7. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

It might be a good idea to silicone the rocks together if they're a bit unstable. You don't want them falling on the fish!

8. Skyy2112 Member Member

Our structures are always very stable, we go a good shake check and such before adding fish. However how would you go about siliconing rocks? Does it have to be dry?

Also going to do a rock structure soon. What is the cheapest method? Silicon? Superglue? What brand? It must be invert safe, and waterproof. Doing a slate rock theme of sorts.

9. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'd go with silicone. Using dry rocks, make your structure, silicone together, let cure for at least 24 hours, and then add to your tank.

10. Skyy2112 Member Member

[​IMG]

EGGS! Help---

Could these be shrimp (cherry/rili)
    Trumpet snails
    Nerite snails (no salt)

Or Pond Snails?

11. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Looks like pond or pest snail eggs to me