Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Kayla1234, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Kayla1234New MemberMember

My fish has a yellow wound on his side and I'm not sure what it is, also he stays at the bottom and does not eat. Any ideas?

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!
    What kind of fish is it and what size tank? Also what are your water parameters? Can you post a picture of the fish with the injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    K

Kayla1234New MemberMember

He's a male Betta, I just bought him a tank with a filter yesterday. I noticed the wound about 3 days ago.

4. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

What tank size do you have and what are the dimensions? Do you know about the nitrogen cycle?

5. OP
    OP
    K

image.jpg The little yellow wound on his side

6. OP
    OP
    K

It's a 1 gallon tank

7.5 x 7.5 x 10.25 the dimensions in inches

7. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

That is too small of a tank, even for a betta. I would suggest you use a 2.5 gallon tank at the very least. He will also need a heater, bettas are tropical fish.

8. OP
    OP
    K

Thanks for the advice! I'm just concerned about what that is on his side!

9. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I am not sure. Where did you buy him from? Can you go back to the store and talk to them about it, if he came like that?

10. OP
    OP
    K

I bought him in October, and the pet shop is now closed! But I just noticed it Sunday night. He seems to be getting worse

11. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Oh ok, I see. Is your tank cycled in that case?

12. OP
    OP
    K

13. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

14. AquaticBrandon

Okay from what I've read, it seems it could be an injury. The open sores can grow or spread and turn yellow, gray, black or red. But I'm not sure, I have never experienced this with my Bettas.

15. OP
    OP
    K

I hope so!! Very worried about my fish right now

16. OP
    OP
    K

His is turning yellow

17. AquaticBrandon

I would do daily water changes or every other day. Are you sure your tank is cycled? You said you bought the tank and filter yesterday. What are your water parameters?

18. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Right, I'm confused also. You said you've had the betta since October, but you bought the tank and filter yesterday. So did you just switch the betta to a different tank or ?

19. OP
    OP
    K

Yeah. I just got this tank yesterday. I had him in another one. Which didn't have a filter,etc

20. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Well, at least you made the attempt to get him a filter. Do you also have a heater? Do you know your water parameters?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice