Help

1. kspenclux Member Member

my filter is broken. I cant get a new one until tomorrow. will my fish be okay?

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Maybe, although this may start the nitrogen cycle all over again.

3. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

It depends on your water readings, but you can inject five times the regular dosage of Prime directly into the tank water to tide you over for a day or so. We need to get the new filter running, you may see a layer of fine bubbles along the surface of the water along the glass. That will be due to the overdose of Prime and is harmless. You could either ignore it or wipe it off the glass with some filter fabric or a sponge.

4. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Ordinarily, yes. It would be best to not feed them for the night, but yes. Ordinarily. I checked your profile to see what kind of filter you have because HOB filters that stop running can normally be fixed pretty easily. I think tanks one and three in your profile are overstocked. That can lead to an exaggerated impact when your filter goes down.

5. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Put the filter media in the tank, next to a running airstone, to try to keep some of the BB alive. The fish will be fine, but you have to consider you may have to restart the cycle in your tank.

6. kspenclux Member Member

My tank info on my page is much outdated. The reason I am having issues with the HOB is due to the fact that I have sand in the tank rather than gravel :/ sadly I didn't know about the issues between sand and HOB filters before I had switched.

7. dakota Member Member

I always have a small battery operated pump with an air stone for just that problem or power outages. They are not expensive and do the job. Thanks