Help !

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Joel2036, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Joel2036

Joel2036Valued MemberMember

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355746237.845343.jpg
    Please help !! I came home from work today and have him his dinner of frozen blood worms, then I went and I had my dinner myself and now he is motionless on the bottom, am I just being a nervous parent or could something be wrong ?
    His stomach looks very plump but does not look bloated

Attached Files:

2. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

How many bloodworms did you feed him? He most likely gourged himself and is now recovering. Fast him for two-three days to see if his belly goes down.

3. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

IF you are feeding it more than once every other day and overfeeding it, the Betta could be bloated. With feeding Bettas (as I do with mine), they only need to be fed once every other day. They don't eat as much as most other fishes do. If your Betta is still a juvenile, once a day is fine (in very small amounts).

For me, I only feed my Bettas 3-4 flakes of food every other night. They are very perky, swim a lot and are very content with that.

4. OP
    OP
    Joel2036

Joel2036Valued MemberMember

Oh really ? I should have done my research !! I feed him twice a day, pellets in the morning and a little bit less of a quarter of a cube of frozen blood worms in the afternoon, in the afternoon I will usually wait to feed him until he is swimming around the surface looking for food, maybe I'm just spoiling him, this morning he looked fine swimming around as normal :) so maybe he was just digesting his food and wanted to rest :) thank you for your help !!!

5. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

Betta's will sometimes look lethargic, but they may be resting. Mine will sometimes rest in the middle of a plant. It's actually quite intriguing. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice