help zebra dino might be pregnant!

dvm

Reaction score
some one pleaz give me info I just got a zebra dino to acompany my other one I thought they were the same sex but my new one is huge after three days in my tank. I have 10 0r 11 fish besides that one zebra dino I never had egg layers before and I don't know what to do. I am afraid that my other fish might eat her eggs if she is pregnant. I also have 3 semI agersive fish that includes a gourmi, and 2 angelfish

kra-z-fishmumm

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
you are saying dino,,, do you mean danio? They are egg layers, maintain a water temperature of 78°F and the female will drop its eggs in the gravel bed. The eggs will hatch in two days and you will have to remove the adults because they will eat the fry.(quote)

OP
D

dvm

Reaction score
I don't have a picture of it yet but as soon as I do I will post it and I suck at spelling

but will I have to move them to a different tank so my other fish don't eat them?

kra-z-fishmumm

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
dvm said:
I don't have a picture of it yet but as soon as I do I will post it and I suck at spelling

but will I have to move them to a different tank so my other fish don't eat them?
lol,,, I wasn't trying to correct your spelling,,, there are a lot of different fish out there and I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same fish,,,lol

OP
D

dvm

Reaction score
it's ok thanx for telling me in social studies the whole class gets mad because I can't say all there complex stuff

seedy

Reaction score
If they spawn and you want to keep the fry you will have to remove everyone from your tank.The parents will eat the eggs and just about everything will eat tiny wiggly fry.
If you want to breed them , try setting up a small tank with a layer of marbles on the bottom.The eggs fall to the bottom and the parents can't get to them.Once they have spawned the fat female will be much skinnier and you should move the adults back to the big tank.There is a picture in the fry gallery that shows how small they are.
Wish you luck.

OP
D

dvm

Reaction score
I just got a 2.5g tank with a 2-way breeder thing and an air pump,but I haven't cycled it yet. there is a huge thing of dryed glue on the inside but I don't if I should take it off. anyway is the tank big enough to hold the fry until I can sell them?

seedy

Reaction score
You will need to keep on top of cleaning and water changes in such a small tank.
After about 4-6 weeks they will be fully formed little fish (fins ,tails and proper eyeballs) at which point you could sell them. They are cheap fish so I don't know what you would get for them.
P.S. Santa is not pregnant, he just has a big belly

New Threads