Help! Yellow dots on betta fish and cloudy eye?

Theobetta

About 2 weeks ago I notest a discoloration on one of my betta fish. She is normally a bright red orange color with little pink scales on her sides. I first saw that she had little white/cream colored dots around her eyes and sprinkled across her body and tail fin. I also saw that there were a lot of little white worms about the size of the dots all over the tank! I thought the worms were the dots so I removed her from the tank and put her is clean water hoping the worms/dots would come off by continuing to put her in new clean water. I then made arrangements and got her in a ten gallon tank with a filter hoping that would help. I also put in stress coat and a tank bacterial enzyme. The dots changed color to yellow and I thought "oh, so the worms died?" but today when I looked at her she had even more dots! AND one of her eyes is starting to bulge and get cloudy! she has been swimming around fine and seemed to really love the tank upgrade why is she getting worse? the only thing I don't have ideal for her is the temperature(it is a little low)! Is it a parasite? Is it bacterial? A weird form of ick? Please help!
I did some looking around and it looks like it might be velvet/gold dust.... I don't know...

RJsFishes

That looks like velvet (A disease cause by parasites) You need to get that treated right away.
Do the following things:
  • Raise water temperature
  • Dim lights for several days
  • Add aquarium salt
  • Treat with copper sulfate for ten days
  • Discontinue carbon filtration during treatment
Have high water quality and improve their diet.

Could you send pictures? What are you feeding your betta?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Cue
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies